45

Perth was smiling.

There was a genuine smile on his face as he looked at the gift in Saint's hands and Saint's chest swelled with love for the boy.

"Are you sure about this?" Saint asked hesitantly.

"You practically live with me anyways," Perth said as Saint played with the key that was strung through a chain. It was Saint's personal necklace, decorated just for him with a black coating and a glittery, sliver 'S'.

"I feel like Zoey 101."

"Who's that?" Perth asked and Saint shook his head, giggling.

"Yes, Perth, I'll move in with you."

Perth laughed, pulling Saint in for a hug. "I'm glad you will, baby, I'll be so much happier."

Saint giggled again and pulled Perth in for a kiss. "Alright, babe, I have a show to put on."

Perth pouted and leaned in for another kiss, licking along Saint's bottom lip. "I love you."

"I love you," Saint replied, grinning as he put the key in his bag and left the room.

•••••

After work, Saint decided to go out, so they texted Gun, from the movie theater, and they all six- Bas and Copter included- met up at the bowling alley.

"I'm not dressed for bowling," Saint whined when Gun suggested it, so Perth took the boy home so Saint could change into tight, light-wash skinny jeans and a navy Rolling Stones tee shirt that wasn't too boyish. He also wore black ankle boots but knew it wouldn't matter now that he was changing into hideous bowling shoes.

"I like the hole on your ass. Can see your panties," Gun said as Saint pulled on his left shoe. The words caused Saint to trip and blush.

"Oh- I, um-"

"I wear them, too," Gun giggled, shrugging his shoulders. "But certainly not pink lace on bowling night."

Saint blushed harder and went to pick out a ball that weighed eight pounds, the least in the group.

But, hey, he was the prettiest.

Perth suddenly smiled at him and
waved, even blowing a kiss.

Scratch that- Saint was the luckiest.

••••••

"Baby," Saint whined as Perth kept scoring strikes. Saint was in last and doing horrid. "I'm shit at this."

Perth had tried to help but they ultimately ended up getting bumper guards for him, Copter, and Mark, who were all shit at this game.

"Yay!" Gun cheered as Saint made a strike with the bumpers. They hugged and Perth grumbled, pulling his Saint away to snog for a bit until the others were begging Perth to take his turn.

After the bowling, they all went to Perth's apartment and drank beer Saint and Gun settled for wine.

It was a fun, simple night and Saint could tell that Perth was getting more comfortable with having a group of friends to rely on.

••••••

Saint pouted as he sat in Perth's lap, eyes wide. "They let him go, Perth. They let Scott go."

"He's free?" Perth asked loudly, about to storm to the sheriff's office.

"No, life in prison, but they didn't kill
him. He deserved it."

Perth let out a breath. "Shit, Son, I about threw a fit... You really think he should've died?"

"He's the reason you're so unhappy," Saint said quietly, fingers tracing Perth's bare chest.