24

Saint hated doing this again.

He hated being in the hospital as Perth lay helpless on the bed. Perth's chest was moving slowly, just barely.

Saint kept his focus on Perth even when the door opened. There was shuffling beside him and Saint did all he could not to reach over and slap Bas hard across the face.

Saint hadn't spoken since the hospital called. It was under record now that Saint and Perth were in relation, so the first call went to Saint, who immediately went to the hospital.

Saint was devastated when the doctor informed him that Bas was the caller and had been present for the incident. It meant they had been sleeping together because the call was around two in the morning.

Bas finally spoke, making Saint flinch.

"He was calling for you the whole time."

Saint didn't speak. He just stared at Perth's rigid body.

"You messed him up, Son. It was bad. Worse than anything I've seen-"

"Do not blame me, you whore! You knew Perth and I were sleeping together; I know you did! You were selfish, only thinking about yourself! And I guess Perth really is in love with you."

Bas breathed out a laugh, shaking his head. "Me? You think Perth loves me?"

Saint didn't reply again, deciding he'd rather ignore Bas's existence.

"Perth kissed me as a resolving point, Saint. He was pitying me. It was his way of telling me that we had to end the thing between us. Whatever it was. I agreed to it."

"As if I would believe that!" Saint scoffed, crossing his arms.

"Saint... Why do you think you're still in Perth's life?"

"Because we're fuck buddies, alright! We have pointless fucks on occasion!" Saint seethed.

This wasn't Bas's business.

"Perth and I fuck on occasion but he doesn't stay at my apartment. He doesn't keep me at his side all of the time. I gave up. I've spent years trying to get Perth to love me. It was useless. And then you come along. Perth is in love with you."

"He's never said-"

"He doesn't have to. Perth is in love with you. You can't tell? Even I knew. And if you managed to make Perth Tanapon fall in love, you've got go be good for him. I care about Perth's happiness. And you keep him happy. This isn't easy for me. But it must be done."

Saint finally looked at Bas. His eyes were watery and he wasn't wearing a confident smile. Saint was sad.

"He was with you last night."

Bas breathed out an, "Oh, yes." He scratched his scalp, looking up at the ceiling. "It's really his story to tell, isn't it? I promise we didn't do anything. Speak to him about it when he comes around."

"So, Perth was never trying to hook up with you?"

"No. And you didn't take the time to ask him."

Saint closed his eyes, feeling shitty. "I'm a horrible person."

"You are not. You're just stupid."

But it wasn't Bas who said it.

Saint snapped his attention to the man who was on the bed, staring at him.

Saint let out a shaky breath, standing up and walking carefully over to Perth's side.

"Perth..."