Chapter 15

"Who are you?" Halime Sultan asked the voice. Everyone had stood up once they heard the mysterious voice start to speak. "I am a messenger who has come from Konya on the order of Sultan Giyaseddin to inform you all, especially Ahsen hatun of some heartbreaking news.". "What do you mean, how can you barge into our tribe like this? What news?"Ertugrul bey questioned the messenger. " I have just come here because my sultan has commanded me to, Ertugrul bey." the messenger responded. "Alright then, what is the news that you must inform us of?"Ertugrul Bey asked. "It saddens me to say this, but I have to..." the messenger began to speak. " Get to the point!" Hayme Ana exclaimed frustratedly. "His highness şehzade Omer has passed away in a battle" the messenger finally explained. Everyone gasped. Ahsen stared at the messenger in shock, Halime buried her face in her hands and began to sob. Ertugrul Bey questioned the messenger and asked if he was telling the truth. The messenger sweared that he was telling the truth and excused himself from the tent. Osman, Savci and Gunduz were all shocked and looked at each other with confused expressions on their face. While everyone was in absolute shock, Ahsen suddenly sprinted out of the tent and went to her beautiful black horse. Without even thinking, she jumped onto her house and began galloping out of the tribe. Some of the alps tried to stop her but she kept riding faster and faster, not even knowing where she was going. Everyone had run out of the main tent and left their meals when this happened, Halime Sultan started crying uncontrollably, even Ertugrul Bey had some tears trickling down his cheeks. Ahsen was crying and screaming in pain as she rode her beloved horse in the middle of the night. Ahsen kept riding her horse that was a dark as night surrounded by thick darkness around her, shaking in pain as she wiped the tears falling down her face. Suleyman, Gunduz, and Ertugrul Bey were riding behind Ahsen, they were extremely far from her as she was riding at such a fast and dangerous speed, but they could see her headdress floating in the howling wind. Ahsen kept riding until she fell off and toppled over and fell into a patch of mud. She hit her head on the earth beneath her and her eyes closed. At this moment, Suleyman reached the spot where Ahsen was laying, unconscious in the thick, sticky, dark mud. Suleyman gasped and immediately picked up Ahsen and carried her towards Ertugrul Bey and Gunduz who were still riding on their horses. Ertugrul gasped and immediately jumped off his horse and took Ahsen out of Suleyman's arms and into his own. He didn't say a word, he just got Ahsen on his horse with Gunduz's help and took her back to the tribe. He wiped the tears that were falling down his face as he was riding, but he had to stay strong for his daughter. Once he reached the tribe, he called out for Artuk Bey who heard him and came to the main tent in a panic. Hayme Ana, Selcan Hatun, Savci, Osman, and Halime Hatun were shocked when they saw Ahsen. Halime fell down to her knees and starting crying even more than she already was. Hayme Ana started making dua for Ahsen to get better and Osman and Savci were extremely worried for their sister. 

A few hours later, when the Fajr Adhan/ Azan was happening in the Kayi tribe, Ahsen opened her eyes. "Baba!" "Anne!" "Baba!" " Baba!" " Anne!". "Kizim!" Halime Sultan exclaimed when she heard Ahsen speak. "çok sukur! Ahsen, finally you woke up, Ahsen!" Halime exclaimed in joy. Ahsen looked around and realized she was in her parents' tent. Ertugrul and Halime cried tears of happiness after the tears of sadness and heartbreak they had cried all night long.