Chapter 9

"So I see that your son Gunduz is afraid of me Ertugrul Bey"Ilbilge Hatun laughed bitterly. She had come to threaten Ertugrul Bey because Gunduz was still missing and she continued to accuse Gunduz of murdering her father. "If Gunduz didn't attack my alps and kill my father, then why doesn't he say where he was the day my alps were attacked?"Ilbilge asked. "Because he was with the tekfur's daughter Irene and if he said that out loud our father Ertugrul Bey would have gotten very angry at him, think as if you are a teenage boy like Gunduz Ilbilge Hatun. Would you want your father to know that you were secretly seeing some random girl, let alone his enemy's daughter?"Ahsen blurted out before anyone could stop her or before she could stop herself. "how do I know that you are not just making up this story to protect your dear brother Ahsen hatun?"Ilbilge Hatun smirked. "Are you accusing my daughter of lying?"Ertugrul Bey asked. "No Bey, Estaghfarallah, I'm sure Ahsen Hatun is a very honest girl, but she doesn't have any proof that what she's saying is true"Ilbilge Hatun explained. Ertugrul rolled his eyes. Soon Ilbilge Hatun was gone and done with her meaningless questioning. 

A few hours later, Ahsen went to the tent to speak to her father. "May I enter Baba"She asked. "Come in, kizim"Ertugrul replied. Osman and Ertugrul were sitting inside the tent. "Osman'm"Ahsen smiled and looked at her younger brother. Then, she turned to her father. "Baba, may I go horse-riding, I haven't been in so long. I promise I'll take precautions. Please Baba"Ahsen begged. "Alright kizim, but two alps will follow you"Ertugrul replied. "Alright, that's fair baba"Ahsen replied, smiling sweetly. Ahsen then left the tent and got on her beautiful black horse. She rode at a walking pace to the entrance of the tent and then the two alps began to follow her. After Ahsen left the tribe, she began to gallop, however a few minutes later, she heard someone approaching steadily, she knew it wasn't the alps, because they never gallop or canter, they only walk or trot. This person was coming very fast. Ahsen stopped her horse and pulled out her dagger. She turned around and saw it was Omer. Her heart stopped. What was he doing here? "Ahsen Hatun"Omer said while smiling widely. "Omer Alp"Ahsen replied. Omer laughed, because in fact he was a Seljuk prince, not an alp, he decided it was time to reveal his secret. "Ahsen, your beautiful hazel eyes have compelled me to reveal my deepest secret"Omer said poetically. Ahsen blushed and didn't know what to say. "I am not Gunduz's friend Omer Alp, I am  şehzade Omer"Omer said. Ahsen laughed. "Yes you are şehzade Omer, and I am the sultan himself"Ahsen said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "Listen Hatun, it's not time for jokes, I am Sultan Giyaseddin's son, Omer, You can ask Gunduz, or even your baba Ertugrul Bey"Omer pleaded. Ahsen smiled and said "Haydi, let's go to my father and ask him about this then".