Chapter 7

Just at that moment, An arrow darted through the air and landed next to Ilbilge Hatun's foot. Ilbilge Hatun screamed ear-piercingly loudly, she then turned around and saw Ertugrul Bey riding towards her on his white horse. Ahsen and Halime smiled at each other. "Ilbilge Hatun, it is not the proper way to find justice by doing what you're doing! There must be a trial in court with witnesses and solid evidence, not slander and abuse in public places with no evidence!"Ertugrul Bey yelled. "I have evidence, I will show it you when the time comes, for now I will leave"Ilbilge Hatun said and then she stormed away. 

A few hours later, everyone was still at Sogut Pezar. Ahsen was talking to Selcan when she noticed Gunduz leaving and behaving oddly. "Excuse me, yenge, I will be right back"she excused herself. She waited until Gunduz was out of sight and then she followed him. Gunduz kept walking, so Ahsen kept walking as well, she ducked and hid shops when Gunduz would turn around. Gunduz kept walking until he met with a young girl Ahsen had never seen before. Ahsen hid behind a fruit vendor's shop and tried to hear what Gunduz and the girl were talking about. "Mara, give this to your madam, Lady Irene,"Gunduz said to the girl. Ahsen peered out from behind the shop to see what Gunduz was giving her. It was a small envelope,' it probably contained a letter', Ahsen thought to herself. "Is it a love letter, Gunduz Alp?"Mara asked cheekily. "Mara! be quiet, someone might hear you, and it's not your business anyway, just give to Irene"Gunduz snapped. Ahsen gasped. She then heard Gunduz walking towards her so she ran into the shop and started the poor fruit vendor. She decided to buy some fruit incase Gunduz saw her and asks what she was doing there. Once Ahsen had bought some random fruit, she stepped out of the shop and went back to where the rest of her family was. As Ahsen sat and ate the fruit, she thought about what Gunduz could be up to, was he in love with whoever this Irene girl is?.