Chapter 5

"Osman! That's enough! first it started with friendly teasing, it annoyed and embarrassed your sister a lot, but I ignored it because I thought it was just sibling love, now you are hurting multiple people not just Ahsen!" Ertugrul scolded. "Osman, you hurt your Aunt Selcan's feelings, you started to make jokes and get involved in a serious discussion. You don't have any proof that your sister Ahsen likes this boy Omer, you just tease her about too much, she is a very brave, intelligent, kind, beautiful girl, she does more things in her life than think about boys!" he continued. Osman began to speak "Baba.." but Ertugrul interrupted him. "I'm not done! you hurt your cousin Suleyman's feelings as well! He wanted to know if I allow the marriage and if Ahsen wants to marry him, he did not ask for your opinion! No-one asked for you to speak, why did you make everyone uncomfortable, why did you make your sister so upset? why did you make her embraced in front of your aunt Selcan? She lost her temper because of you, and now Selcan Hatun must be extremely confused and she may be feeling guilty or ashamed that she brought up the issue of Suleyman's marriage with Ahsen. Selcan Hatun will not dare to bring up the topic again, at least for some time now, or she will think Ahsen is completely uninterested in marrying Suleyman which perhaps is not true? What if Osman, Ahsen wants to marry Suleyman as well. Then you ruined everything for her, she will be even more devastated than she already is" Ertugrul shouted so much at Osman, his voice echoed throughout the tent. He then got up and went to his tent. "yazik (pity)" Halime said to Osman, and then she followed Ertugrul to their tent. "Vah! Vah! brave kayi alps are getting involved in the matters of elders and completely humiliating their sister! Shame on you!"Hayme Ana yelled and then she left as well. 

The next day......

"May I come in " Gunduz asked. "Come Gunduz" A voice replied. As Gunduz walked in, he made sure that no-one was lurking outside the tent. " şehzade (prince)" Gunduz said to the person standing in front of him, with his back facing him. The person turned around, it was Omer. "Tell me Gunduz, why do you see me at this time in the morning"Omer replied. "şehzade, you came to me. You had many Seljuk soldiers with you, both the soldiers and you told me that you are the Seljuk crown prince, Omer. You told me that your father, Sultan Giyaseddin, has sent you to collect information about all Oghuz tribes. You asked me to pretend that you are my friend, so I did. Now, you have suddenly fallen in love with my sister" Gunduz ranted. "Vah! Vah! most older brothers feel happy for their sisters when they find out that a şehzade has fallen in love with her, because then she can become part of the royal family and most probably one day, the wife of a sultan"Omer explained. 

Osman came to Ahsen and apologized, he then went to Selcan Hatun and Suleyman and explained everything. Savci and Gunduz also apologized to Ahsen. Ahsen then went to her father and told him that after hours of thought and consideration, she finally accepted her brothers' apologies. Ertugrul Bey stood up when he heard this and gave Ahsen a hug. Ahsen smiled and left the tent with her brothers. As she was walking with Osman, Savci, and Gunduz, Suleyman came to her. "Ahsen, may I speak with you privately" he asked. Ahsen nodded and gestured to her brothers to leave. " Tell me, Suleyman Alp" Ahsen replied. "Ahsen, Osman came to my mother and I and explained everything, you don't need to worry. I just wanted to tell you that you may have not noticed before, but I like you very much Ahsen, I want to spend the rest of my life with you."Suleyman explained. Ahsen looked down and smiled hesitantly. "Suleyman, spending the rest of your life with someone is a huge decision, I shall consider you and your mother's proposal as I know that you are a brave, strong, kind-hearted Alp"Ahsen responded. Suleyman left and Ahsen turned around, She clutched her chest. Does Suleyman love me that much, perhaps I should forget about Omer, he probably doesn't love me, do I love Suleyman? these thoughts raced in Ahsen's mind, she was overwhelmed with emotion.