Undetermined Feeling About You (Keaton Stromberg Fanfiction)

Hello! So I just recently deleted my Harry Styles fanfiction, because I didn't like the story line anymore, and I barely ever updated it. So far, my Liam fanfiction will stay up. I am hopefully going to update soon. ANYWAYS! I am doing something different this time. This story is actually going to be an emblem3 fanfiction! I'm really excited to write it, and hopefully you guys will like it! I was originally going to do a Wes story, but then I thought of a better story concept. So this fanfic will be focusing on Keaton. I hope you guys enjoy the first chapter! <3 ~Margaret

********************

" I always looked forward to this day. Being 16 was like life's biggest accomplishment to me when I was 12. That's all I wanted. To be 16. Now, I just wish I was older. Yeah, 16 is fun and all, but I wish I was an adult. Technically, I'm still a teenager. I hate being called that. I feel like us "teens" are looked down on by all adults. That's why today, my sixteenth birthday, doesn't excite me as much as it probably should. Whatever, maybe today will be my best birthday yet.. -June 18,2012"

I finished writing my "birthday log" for this year. My mom always made us write about how we feel on the morning of our birthday. We've done that ever since we could write. She kept them in a big journal for me and my brothers to look at when we're older. My twin brother, Cameron pushed me to the side as he quickly grabbed the book, so he could write down his 'birthday thoughts'. I playfully punched his shoulder. "Happy birthday to you too." I said sarcastically. "Mmhmm..yeah, so about tonight, are you coming or not?" Cameron asked. "I don't know, my friends have some surprise planned and I'm not bailing on them again for another one of your jam sessions. Especially not today!" I said firmly. Cameron always had jam sessions with a bunch of guys that are in our surf club. He was a really good guitar player, and California is surely the place to find good musicians. Basically, his little jam sessions are awesome. Everyone loved it when I came, because apparently I'm "a sick singer". Quotes from them, not me. I never thought of myself to be a great singer, but I guess I never thought I was bad. "Pleaseee Heather!!!!" He begged like a child. I couldn't help but laugh at his attempt. "No, sorry Cam." I said walking away. I heard him grunt as I paced into the kitchen of our beach-house-like home. We lived right near the water. I would never choose to change where I live. It's awesome here. California, summer literally everyday. Winter is obviously cold, but just barely. Southern Cali is the place to be for surfers. Our family moved into this house four years ago, because we all got pretty serious with surfing. The beach is just across the street from us.

My dad scared the living daylight out of me. He just casually had to be standing in the pitch black kitchen. "DAD! You scared me so bad!" I said laughing at myself. "Oh sorry hun! I didn't realize you were such a scaredy cat.." My dad said, as he flipped on the lights. "I am not!" I protested. "Oh yeah?" I heard a voice behind me. I nearly fell to the floor this time. I turn around in complete shock to see my older brother Brandon. "Your home?!" I shout as I run into him, giving him a bear hug. I hadn't seen Brandon in what seemed like ages. He turned 21 last month, and he has his own apartment in L.A. He's been so busy with work that we barely see him anymore. He laughed and hugged back. "I wasn't gonna miss out on my baby sisters birthday!" He said finally breaking apart. "Well what about me?" Cameron said walking into the kitchen. "Hey dude! Happy 16th" Brandon exclaimed walking over to Cameron giving him an equally big hug. "I missed you man." Cameron said, muffled from Brandon's body. "So! What's the birthday plans?" He asks pulling away from Cam. "I thought we could hit the beach.." Dad says finally chiming in. "That's fine with me!" I say excitedly, about to run upstairs and change. I was walking out of the kitchen when my mom stopped me. "Not so fast missy.." She said blocking me from moving. Oh shoot. She had that face on. The one that tells me I'm getting a lecture. "Uhh...ok.." I say nervously. "You have presents to open!" I was relieved it wasn't something else she was going to say. She caught me off guard. I laughed awkwardly. "Right.."