Bitter Cold

Autumn on the side---->

Chase's P.o.v

    Chattering filled the air as the pack members filed in the front of house. It seemed that the moon grew higher in the dark night as they came. The atmosphere almost suffocating. Breathing deep I gained back my composure as Carter joined my side. "Ready to be Alpha's." He smiled as he nudged my side. "Yeah." I answered keeping it short with him. He's treated Autumn horridly just to fit in.

      Our father started the ceremony as the once noisy space went dead silent. His speach continued waiting until the moon finally reached the highest peak in the sky. "I now pass down the title of alpha of the Silver moon pack to my two sons, Carter and Chase Sliver." He finished as my father drew a silver cresent moon on our foreheads.

   As father pulled his finger away a terrified scream cut through the air. Heads snapped towards the scream that came from the trees on the other side of the house. My body went tense as another scream ripped through the air. It shook the pack to it's core. My heart started racing as my eyes grew wide. That was Autumn. She's in trouble!

    Running off the stage I pushed through the crowd fighting to reach her. Her screams went silence as I sprinted towards the location. Footsteps were heard behind me as they soon caught up to my side. "Do you smell that?" He asked as I took a deep breath not noticing I was holding mine. Apples. The smell of sweet intoxicating apples. And it was growing stronger. That smell was connected to my mate.

      The sound of running water pulled me to a stop as I frantically look around. Lilian and a group of her friends laughed as something began to float down the river. "Lilian! What the hell happened here?" Carter asked as they freezes and slowly turned around. I caught sight of a lump of red slowly sinking into the dark water. "Autumn!" I called ad I ran towards her.

      "Lilian what did you do!" Carter yelled as I jumped over a log before crashing into the dark river. Surfacing I swam against the current as I raced after her. Her body grew closer as I grabbed ahold of her waist and pulled her to me. She smelled just like the intoxicating aroma of apples. Holding her head to my chest I paddled as close to the edge of the water. The current was powerful leaving me unable to snag my hand onto the safe shore.

      "Carter!" I yelled as my breath came in short gasps. A hand shot out grabbing mine as they hurled us out of the water. The ground came in contact with my back. Breath pushed rapidly into my lungs as I began to calm my racing heart. The weight that rested on my chest soon disappeared as someone pulled her off.

   Instantly reacting I shot up and spotted Carter checking her heart beat. "Move!" I yelled as I pushed him off and took my place beside her. "She's my mate." He whispered as tears clouded my eyes as I began to press on her heart. She's my mate. I always loved her. Autumn has to live. I need her to.

      Giving her heart one more push a gasp was heard as she started to cough up water. Helping her sit up she regained her breath taking deep breath. "Autumn are you alright?" I asked as I patted her back. Nodding she slowly looked up taking a deep sniff. She tilted her head before a smile grace her face and she hugged me.

      "Chase we have to get her to the pack doctor." Carter commented as Autumn tensed as she slowly turned her head to see Carter rubbing his neck nervously.  "Autumn? I know that I've been a huge jerk to you..." Carter talked as he made his way forward. Autumn began to shake her head violently as she pushed herself away.

    "Carter." I warned as he continued towards her. Stopping in his steps he shook his head. "Let's go to the pack doctor." He whispered before turning and disappearing back into the forest. Silence stretched a few moments before I made my way over to her. She was quievering with her back to the tree. "It's alright autumn everything is going to be alright." I smoothed as she slowly relaxed.

  Taking her hand I helped her to her feet before lifting her onto my back. Making our way towards the pack doctor.