'u ok?'

The upstairs storage room on the left wing of the Barracks was your safe place as a child.

Whether you had argued with your father or been upset by another Scout, you would always seek refuge in the isolated closet. The door had a lock on the inside, and no one else would ever enter the small, secrete room. In fact, many Scouts did not know or care about the little storage space. It was as if it had been reserved for you, and only you. And even now, as a teenager, you would still lock yourself inside for a moment of peace.

You suddenly flinched as the door you sat against knocked.

"Y/N?" You eased as you realised that it was only Reiner, "Are you there?"

You held your breath.

You could see Reiner's silhouette through the gap underneath the door; little did you know, Reiner could see yours as well, signalling that you were inside.

You watched his dark silhouette kneel down, getting comfortable on the other side of the door. He pressed his back to the doorframe. You could feel his warmth through the wood as you fought the urge to open it.

A few minutes passed you as you waited for Reiner to do something - to do anything.

And then you heard the sound of tearing paper, followed by the scribbling of a pen. You crinkled your nose in curiosity, unsure on what was going on on the other side.

A small, folded piece of paper was slipped beneath the door way. There was a note, but the handwriting was so untidy that you struggled to read it.

'u ok?'

Despite being in a fowl mood, you couldn't help but smile at the gesture. The pen was then slipped beneath the door as the blonde awaited a response. You wrote back:

'not really, no'

'i was really worried about you, Y/N'

'why?'

'i looked every where for you. i thought something might have happened to you on the mission'

You sighed to yourself, holding the small piece of paper in between your fingers. You reluctantly began to write again, feeling your anxiety slowly ease as you spoke through paper.

'i was worried about you too'

You slipped the paper back through the door, able to hear the blonde sigh with a smile through the thin wood. He took a moment to reread the small sentence over, and over.. relishing in the few words.

'u were seriously worried about ME?'

'dont let it get to your head, reiner braun'

You heard his soft laughter through the door.

'i can try. no promises'

You attempted to pick up the paper, however, Reiner swiftly grabbed it back from beneath the door. There was a pause for a few moments as the seventeen year old hesitated, before finally replying to you.

'i heard what happened. im sorry.'

'i don't want to talk about it to be honest'