"you're my first"

After a silent venture to the barracks, each of your friends decided to rest for the night and return to your respective beds. Or at least, that was the plan.

As of now, whilst you tossed and turned in your bottom bunk, slumber seemed like a distant memory. Your body lay alert in your bed, your eyes fixated on the ceiling above your muddled head. The snoring of your Comrades stirred you, preventing you from drifting off into sleep.

At, currently two o'clock at in the morning, your body was still restless.

Your fingers travelled up your arms, recalling the previous hours with of your night.

You had kissed Reiner Braun. And, not only had you kissed the boy you loathed, he had taken your first kiss. You found that fact almost laughable, but your enjoyment of his lips prevented you from finding humour in the situation.

Your fingertips traced against your mouth, touching the area that Reiner had kissed.

Reiner Braun's lips tasted of pure-sin. It poisoned your mouth with pleasure, yet deserted your body in a state of regret. Goosebumps contaminated the miles of your skin; you hated yourself for wanting more of his lips.

Whilst groaning, you finally sat yourself up: in desperation for a distraction from the situation. Your bare feet touched the cold-ground as you pulled a jacket over the oversized shirt that you had slept in, and then a comfortable slipper.

You left for the barracks kitchen, deciding to get a glass of water.

༺♰༻

You slowly opened the door, your face contorting into a concentrated cringe as you tried your hardest to not make a noise. Surprisingly, the golden glow of a lantern lit up the kitchen: meaning that there was someone inside of the kitchen. You called out, hearing someone gasp in surprise.

"Y/N?" Your heart suddenly dropped into the pit of your stomach: Reiner Braun was squinting with the attempt of focusing his eyes, "What are you doing in the kitchen this late at night?"

You shock your head defensively: "I could ask the same to you."

Reiner gestured towards a glass of tall, cold, water: "I was thirsty - now you answer."

"Me, too. Whilst you're there, pour me a glass of water." You demanded the blonde whilst pulling your weight onto the ebony counter-top, comfortably sitting with your back pressed against the wood panelled wall.

"Only if you ask me nicely," Reiner sneered: "Didn't your mother teach you any manners, Smith?"

Your piercing glare was enough to petrify the blonde into doing as he was told, making him sincerely regret mentioning the mysterious subject of your mother.

Whilst water poured into the glass, Reiner mocked: "Nice pyjamas, by the way."

You rolled your eyes as Reiner pulled the heavy weight of his figure into the counter to sit with you. His muscular thigh pressed against yours whilst he passed you your glass, both of you enjoying the silence of the Barracks at night.

"I could say the same to you," Your voice lowered in fatigue - you rested your back comfortably on the wall with a sigh, watching Reiner mirror your movements, "Could you really not manage to put on a shirt before leaving your dormitory?"

"I wasn't expecting company," The edges of his mouth tilted upwards into a boyish-smile: "I sleep without a shirt. Besides, don't act like you're not enjoying the view, Smith. I'm surprised you can manage to look away."

"What do you mean by that?"

"When I came out of the shower this morning, and all I was wearing was a towel, you couldn't look away from me." Reiner turned his head away whilst sipping slowly from his glass, "It was pathetic to watch; you were practically drooling at the sight of me."

"Don't flatter yourself with delusion."

A soft laugh fell from Reiner's lips (something you had never earned from him before). Reiner's laugh was surprisingly warm; the addicting sound was contagious to you - despite hating him, you found it impossible to not smile as he chuckled to himself.

"You're funny, Y/N Smith." The blonde flashed a charming smirk, "Don't let my saying that get to your head."

"I'll try my hardest but I can't make any promises."

Reiner relaxed his body, allowing his fatigue from the previous day take control; his entire weight melting against the counter. 

"So," His raspy voice became less harsh, "Do you want to talk about it?"

Despite being aware of what Reiner was talking about, you attempted to 'play-dumb' and shrugged your shoulders with an oblivious stare.

"You kissed me." Reiner replied as if unaffected by your obvious discomfort, "And, I noticed how quiet you were afterwards. You barely uttered a word to anyone during the walk back to the barracks - when we got back to our dormitory, Jean even pulled me aside to ask if you were okay."

"Don't worry about me, I was just feeling tired." You sheepishly lied through your teeth, "I'm sorry - I should have asked you before I kissed you in front of Eren and Christa."

"There's no need to apologise - I'd never complain about a kiss, even one from you." Reiner shook his head, "Besides, I was the one who originally suggested that we should kiss."

"I'm flattered." Your eyes rolled once more as the blonde chuckled, "Although, I regretted it as soon as I pulled away. I can still taste the soap in my mouth - I had to wash my mouth after you put your tongue in it. I wouldn't want to catch anything from you."

"Don't act like you didn't enjoy every moment of it," The blonde boy sneered whilst brushing his arm against yours, "I could tell from the way you kissed me."

Your head violently shook with denial: "You're wrong. Did you enjoy the kiss?"

"Yes."

Your E/C eyes widened with surprise, feeling your chest tighten at the blondes words.

"What?" Your once-strong voice came out as a tremor.

"Were you expecting me to lie? I'm no liar," Reiner lowered his deep-husky voice, positioning his large body closer to yours: "You're a good kisser. I'm just in disbelief that I, of all people, took your first."

"Not a liar?" You cackled; "Your entire life is built on a lie!"

His bronze eyes slightly widened - barely enough for you to notice, but you did notice. Reiner swallowed with a nervous shift of the eye, now avoiding your stare.

"What do you mean by that?" Reiner leant closer with a hushed whisper - it was as if he was worried that another soldier would hear, "Speak."

"The plan: pretending that we're dating." You pushed yourself away from him: "What did you think I meant?"

Reiner sighed with relief, placing his fingers on his temples to massage his aching skull. He hopped off from the counter, burying his hands in the pockets of his jogging bottoms.

"Come on, it's late." He deflected, gesturing towards the double-doors of the kitchen, "I'll walk you back to your dormitory, and we'll call it a night."