enchanting

Two weeks passed you in seconds. Your e/c eyes stared into the reflection of your mirror, your fingers tracing down the smooth fabric of your gown.

The sky was a deep black with highlights from the stars glaring against the windows of your bedroom. You sighed with anxiety, unable to shake off your nervousness for the awaiting night.

You heard as the door opened to the girls dormitory.

You slipped the light sleeves of your dress over your arms, feeling the material drag behind you whenever you walked. Your corset had been tightened around your waist with the help of Mikasa, clearly outlining your figure.

You heard a pair of footsteps enter as a silhouette appeared behind you: Reiner's amber eyes widened, his smooth lips parting as his pupils dropped to your heels, slowly steering up each inch of your body.

He ran his long, slender fingers through his blonde locks, forcing a confident smile as his body melted at the sight of you in that dress.

"You-.."

"Yes.. Reiner?" You teased, watching his face in the mirror infront of you.

"You look- I can't believe how.. gorgeous you look.. Y/N." Reiner's figure loomed beside you as he carefully adjusted your necklace, "Thanks for letting me come tonight."

Reiner Braun's hair was in its usual style. He had a natural glow against his supple skin and a hue of blush on his cheekbones. His golden eyes glistened with rays of joy as his smile widened to his cheeks.

He wore a sophisticated suit, with a tight, fitted shirt hugging at his large chest and the muscles on his broad shoulders and back. He wore a dark, night-sky jacket that was hanging over his shoulders, as well as a tie that perfectly matched your dress.

Your eyes were entranced by the boy you once passionately loathed: "I guess you don't look too bad."

"Was that supposed to be a compliment?" His husky voice softened.

You scoffed, "You look handsome."

"Eren is already at the palace, and Erwin is readying his horse outside to leave." Reiner shook his head dismissively with a faint smirk against his lips, "The ball's tonight, how are you feeling?"

You turned your head back to Reiner Braun, "Scared. Nervous. Excited. Scared."

"You said scared twice."

"Exactly."

Reiner Braun softly chuckled, adjusting his ebony suit jacket that was tight around his shoulders, "I'm scared, too - I've never been to anything like this before."

"I went to a gala with my father when I was about six," Your cheeks ached from smiling, "But, other than that, me neither. I'm just so nervous."

You stood from your seat, dusting off your dress as you readjusted your jewellery.

"You look beautiful in that dress, you know. Truly.. remarkable." Reiner eyes widened a little once more, his expression softening, "You're giving Aphrodite herself a run for her money."

"I think you've complemented me about a thousand times since you first saw me in this dress," You forced a sarcastic gasp, "Are you insinuating that I don't look beautiful all the time?"