unexpected

The morning air was sweet with floral-Spring scents: a warm breeze flowing through the open windows of the dormitory. You were huddled up in the soft blankets of your bed, clutching tightly onto your pillow.

Your eyelids were tightly closed, blocking out the obnoxious noise as an unknown intruder spoke to you at the foot of your bed. You could hear the male voice murmuring your name with a hint of attitude.

You ignored the ambiguous voice.

Or at least, you ignored them until you felt them pull the warm blanket off of your skin. You immediately erupted in goosebumps, groaning with anguish. Your eyes finally cracked open as the unknown intruder sat themself beside you - you realised it was none other than Reiner.

"Rise and shine, princess." Reiner's hoarse, morning voice spoke.

"Fuck off, Reiner. You know men aren't allowed in the women's dormitory."

"That's no way to talk to your boyfriend," The blonde teased, "You're late to breakfast, everyone else is already sat down in the Mess Hall."

You groaned again as he referred to himself as your 'boyfriend', feeling genuine disgust and repulsion in your stomach.

You sat yourself up with another yawn, throwing your legs off of your bed as Reiner stood: he plucked your leather jacket from your wardrobe and grabbed your ebony boots, placing them in front of you.

"Hurry the hell up." He snapped with furrowed brows, "We need to get to the Hall before everyone leaves for their duties, and we're already late because someone decided to sleep in."

"Fine," Your E/C eyes rolled into your skull whilst folding your white, crisp shirt on your lap: "Turn around already so I can change into my uniform."

He lifted his large hands to surrender whilst slowly turning around to face the wall; you swiftly and nervously changed into your clothes, keeping a sharp eye on the back of his head.

You sighed when you finished changing, watching a prideful smirk again his face as he said: "You ready, sweetheart?"

"I don't appreciate these nicknames you're giving me."

"Tough-luck, gorgeous." His left arm hooked across your shoulder, holding you in a tight embrace whilst you both began your journey towards the Mess Hall, "It's all apart of the show, so you should get used to it."

Still feeling an ongoing sickness from his touch, you cringed: "I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to this."

You could see the double doors to the Mess Hall at the end of the long, narrow hallway: your anxiety increased with each step on the creaky, wooden floorboards. Your breaths were becoming heightened, your chest feel compressed.

"Christa was sat on the same table as Eren when I left to wake you up," The blonde explained, "She asked me where I was going when I left the table, and gave me a confused look when I told her it was to wake you up."

"Unsurprising."

"We'll have to do our best to convince them all that we're telling the truth." He pressed his free hand against the door to open it, before murmuring: "You ready?"