save me a dance

Reiner lifted two chairs, holding one in each hand with ease, to create a clearing in the large-room.

Your knees ached as you leant downwards, your brows furrowed in frustration as you attempted to work a record player that your father had gifted you years ago.

Whilst dragging a table towards the corner, Reiner asked: "Do we seriously need to do this?"

"Of course," You smiled with glee as a piece of classical music began to slowly ease out of the box: "I can't be seen on the ballroom floor with a man that doesn't know how to dance. Especially, whilst Eren will be there."

The corners of Reiner's tender lips softened downwards into a pout, beginning to roll up the sleeves of his shirt to reveal his muscular forearms.

"You think far too much into things." The blonde hoarsely spoke.

"Or, you think too little." You flicked your index finger in an upwards motion, gesturing for Reiner Braun to come nearer, "Come on, let me teach you how to dance. I'll talk you through it."

"You'll talk me through it?" His lips curled upwards with a devilish smirk, "I like the sound of that."

"Save your flirting for Christa." You replied nonchalantly as Reiner stepped closer towards your body, "You need to pay attention to the music: the rhythm, the beat."

"Pay attention to the music." Reiner repeated after you, his head nodding.

"Now then," Feeling a sudden wave of nervousness, you straightened your posture: "Place this hand against my waist, and use this to hold mine."

Reiner didn't hesitate to touch you. His steady hand travelled against your waist, pulling your figure against his chest. The long, delicate fingers of Reiner's other hand trickled on your shoulder, gently cascading down your forearm and wrist until they met with your hand.

Reiner Braun peered downwards at you: his body-heat radiated onto your skin. The natural smell of his hair; his skin; his clothes... drove you into a feeling of insanity. You enjoyed being in Reiner's embrace: it made you feel safe.

"Does this feel right?"

"Yes, this feels really good." Your chest began to cave in, restricting your breathing - your throbbing heart rattled against your rib cage, "What I meant is that this feels correct! So far, you're doing it right. Now, try and follow my lead, okay?"

Your feet shifted on the wooden planks of the ground: causing a satisfying sound with each step you both took. Reiner Braun mirrored your movements, his caramel eyes locked onto the ground to pay attention to where you were placing your feet.

You danced slowly, not wanting to overwhelm him. However, you were pleasantly surprised as he picked it up with ease.

"Who taught you how to dance, anyway?" His captivating voice lowly whispered, breaking your concentration of the music: "You dance well. Your mother must have taught you, I gather."

Reiner lifted your arm into the air to spin your body around, before drawing your figure towards his once more.

"My father, actually."