6

TW's:
-None, I think

George's POV

It was two hours after Clay went home and I was free again. I was genuinely broken after what happened today and on my way back home, I had tears streaming down my face again. I missed Clay so incredibly much and it made me so sad.

I wiped my tears away before I entered my house and I silently sat down on the couch as I put my bag down onto the floor. I could feel my mum stare at me and avoided eye contact, looking down at my hands.

My mum sat down next to me on the couch and wrapped her arm around me. 'What's wrong, sweetie?'

'It's stupid, don't worry about it.'

'I would like you to talk about it. I know you barely talk about your emotions, but I'm here for you. Just let it all out for once, stop bottling it all up. It makes it all worse.'

I shrugged and stared at my hands. 'It's about Clay.'

'I haven't seen him here for months.'

'I feel like he hates me.'

'Why would he hate you?'

'He avoids me, he barely speaks to me anymore. He's always training for football and when he's free, he sleeps. He barely answers my texts or calls and I feel lonely. We've made a promise to always stay together and he left me.'

I really appreciated the fact that my mum stayed quiet when I stopped talking. She waited for me to continue without judging and I smiled.

'I don't only like him as a friend.'

'I know, honey. I remember the conversation we had when you were nine. You liked him already back then.'

'He liked me too and we promised to stay together, but he doesn't even speak to me anymore. I miss him and I've cried at least three times today.'

'You can surprise him, you can go to his football field.'

'Will he be annoyed with me? Maybe he's ashamed of me.'

'He shouldn't be ashamed of you, you're his friend.'

'What if he regrets our past.'

'You only liked each other a lot-.'

'No, we kissed multiple times. And that's what breaks me. The boy I've been the most intimate with in my whole life doesn't even want to speak to me anymore.'

It felt like a stone fell off my chest now I told my mum about it. I had kept it a secret for Clay, but he didn't even speak to me anymore. It was fair to tell my mum, she wasn't going to tell his teammates anyway.

'I fully understand now, that's terrible,' my mum said as she kissed my cheek.

'This bracelet was our promise. We made the promise to always stay together and to never forget our first kiss, but I feel like he did. I asked him if he still loved me and he ignored me.'

'Maybe he will like it when you surprise him at football training. When he has a break, he could talk to you for a little.'

'He doesn't want his teammates to know that he has ever kissed a boy though.'

'You've never officially asked each other, right? Then you're still friends and you could tell them you're only friends with him.'

I nodded. 'I hope he likes that.'

My mum gave me a hug and kissed my cheek.

'Do you still like me now that I've told you this?'

'Of course, sweetie. I love you.'

'I love you too, mum,' I smiled and walked to the door.

I knew where Clay was training so I started walking there, checking my face in my phone's camera. Luckily you couldn't see very well that I had cried, although I was pretty pale and had big bags under my eyes. I ignored it and kept walking, seeing the football field from a distance.

I walked a bit slower at the last bit, since I was pretty nervous. What if he got mad at me for randomly showing up, or worse. What if he made a scene and embarrassed me in front of everyone.

I could always go back, but I really wanted to see Clay. I arrived at the football field and stood on the side, looking at the field trying to find Clay. I knew he trained with the number five on his back and I saw him running in the distance.

I smiled and kept watching as I sat down on a bench. At one point it seemed like Clay made eye contact with me, but it was so shortly that I doubted if he had seen me.

Clay and the rest kept training for twenty more minutes and then the trainer yelled for them to take a break. I smiled at Clay as he saw me now and he looked at his teammates and back at me. He started walking a bit closer and ended up running towards me.

'Hi? Why are you here?'

'I wanted to surprise you, I understand that you barely have time to see or talk to me, but I thought if I come here in the break, you might have a short minute for me.'

Clay nodded slowly and looked at his hands.

'How is training going?'

'I don't know, it's a lot. I'm tired.'

I nodded. 'Are you going to have a break someday?'

'Probably not, I need to keep training to stay fit.'

'I can come to your place and stay the night once?'

Clay nodded slowly. 'You could.'

'I really miss you so much,' I said. I lifted my hand and showed him the bracelet. 'I always think about you as soon as I see it.'

Clay smiled shyly and climbed over the railing now. 'I have a ten minute break, come with me.'

I smiled as Clay pulled me with him and he walked to the changing room. He closed the door behind us and sat down on the bench next to me. I couldn't stop smiling and so did Clay. 'I missed you too.'

1005 words