2

TW's:
-None

George's POV

When Clay and I were twelve, we were sure we actually liked each other. We were in love since we were really young and I finally understood what everything meant. I was indeed gay and Clay was thinking about being gay or bisexual. He just knew he liked me a lot and didn't spend too much time thinking about his exact sexuality. He just knew that he liked boys.

Clay and I never asked each other to be boyfriends, but we sort of had an unofficial relationship. I shared my first kiss with Clay in the school's bathroom and I was way too happy after that.

Clay and I were sitting together in the break and Clay was looking at me.

'George, do you remember our conversation when we were nine? About being gay and liking each other?' He looked around him to check if no one was watching us and I smiled as I nodded at the same time.

'I do remember that.'

'I don't know if I fit with gay yet, but I'm definitely not straight. I genuinely think I've been in love with you for ages now. Since I'm nine, probably.'

I giggled and nodded. 'Me too, I think I fit with gay and I think I've been in love with you forever too.'

Clay smiled and took a bite of his sandwich. 'When I didn't even know what love was yet, I was already in love with you.'

'Same here.'

We both smiled and just finished eating our sandwiches, drinking water after that. We stood up to go to the toilet after and when we saw it was empty, Clay pulled me into a stall. He closed and locked the door behind us and smiled.

'I'm not trying to be creepy, but I have a question.'

I nodded.

'I genuinely feel like you're my soulmate. Whatever happens, I want us to have something together. Something special that only we share.'

'What do you have in mind?'

'I want you to be my first kiss, I will always remember you in that way. Whatever happens, you will always be my first kiss.'

I smiled and nodded. 'I would love that.'

Clay smiled and grabbed my shoulders. 'I have no idea how to kiss someone, but it shouldn't be that hard.'

I giggled and noticed that I was a lot more insecure than Clay was. Clay smiled at me and grabbed my hand as his other one went up to my face.

'I want you to forever remember this kiss, your first kiss. Your first kiss with me.'

I nodded to answer him and Clay smiled, pressing his lips on mine carefully. I had no idea what to do, so I just followed Clay. I lifted my hand up to his face too and we hugged each other tightly as our lips were still touching.

We both had our eyes closed, melting away in the kiss. I remembered every single detail so I would never lose the memory. Our kiss lasted pretty long and Clay broke the kiss to catch his breath. He smiled at me with red cheeks and giggled.

'That was amazing, I will never forget that,' Clay smiled.

I nodded. 'Me neither. Would you like to hang out after school?'

Clay looked at his phone to check the date and shook his head sadly. 'I would have loved to, but I have football training again. My parents want me to train four times a week.'

I nodded. 'That's fine, when are you free?'

'I should be free tomorrow,' Clay said with a smile and he gave me a short kiss on my lips after that. 'Are you disappointed in me?'

'Not at all, you just have to train.'

'Can we keep this kiss between us, by the way? My teammates don't really like boys who like boys and I don't think they will like the fact I kissed a boy.'

'Of course, this is our secret.'

Clay smiled and looked down at my lips again. I gave him a small nod and he pressed his lips on mine again. He kissed me really gently and I couldn't even describe the feeling I was having at this moment.

I had read a lot about love and I knew people got butterflies in their stomachs when they were in love. I was sure I had that too at this point. My cheeks were as red as possible and my heart was beating so incredibly fast that I felt like dying.

We broke the kiss after a while and Clay giggled. 'The break might be over.'

I nodded. 'Let's go quickly before we are too late.'

'You go first, I don't want them to see us coming out of the same stall.'

I nodded and left first. Clay left five minutes after me and we went to class together.

That day I had never been happier. I replayed our kiss the whole day long and Clay had been smiling at me a lot. After we had to go home and Clay had to go to his training, he kissed me really shortly again.

I completely fell in love and I had been in love with him since I was nine, but everything suddenly changed.

Clay's parents got even more harsh on him and Clay had to up his training even more. He started training five times a week and his parents wanted him to get so amazing that he was going to be able to play big matches. However much Clay liked football, he often found this too much too.

Clay and I barely hung out, but we still loved each other. We texted when we could, we hung out when we could, but it was still different. We kissed twice more after the first day we kissed. Those kisses were passionate and intense, but still full of love.

I loved Clay, I genuinely loved him. We both had kept it a secret and I was fine with that, until everything changed even more and our love seemed to get tested.

1015 words