10

TW's:
-(Child) abuse (mentions blood)
-Homophobia (usage F-slur)

Clay's POV

It was late in the evening and I had been texting with George a lot. I had ignored all my Twitter notifications, but when George went to sleep, I got pretty curious why I got tagged the whole time.

I opened my Twitter and scrolled a little, seeing multiple people calling me gross, disgusting, a faggot and other insults. I clicked on the video I got tagged in and got startled. My face heated up and I started shaking a little as I realised what happened.

Brian had made a fake account with my Minecraft name "Dream" and he had posted all the videos and pictures of me and George this afternoon. I started breathing a little faster as I saw a lot of people had seen it already and closed my phone. I didn't know what to do and I hid my phone.

I suddenly heard the doorbell ring downstairs and I started shaking even more than I already was doing. It was really late in the evening and this could only be something bad.

I slowly stood up and sneaked to my door, opening it slowly to walk to the hallway. I listened to the voices downstairs and was startled. That was Brian.

'I have to tell you something about your son,' Brian said. 'He hasn't really been paying attention to football lately, since well- you can see it yourself. He posted this video online today, I don't know why.'

I felt my face heating up and knew this wasn't going to end well at all. My dad was silent for a little.

'I'm glad you've told me, I'm going to him right now. It's late, you should go home.'

'I'm going, I just wanted to tell you.'

It was quiet and a little later, I heard the door shut. I ran to my room and locked the door behind me, pushing my desk in front of it. I crawled in my bed and turned off my light in the hope he wouldn't come in when he noticed I was sleeping.

But no, he started slamming my door loudly. 'OPEN IT NOW.'

I ignored him and curled up like a ball, being really scared. I was still shaking and felt extremely nauseous at this point. My dad started kicking against the door now and started screaming for me to open the door.

I couldn't resist myself anymore and started sobbing softly. I was so scared of him and knew he was going to hurt me. He was homophobic and thought I posted the video online myself and on top of that, he also thought I wasn't concentrating on football at all. He just thought I was only kissing boys.

'Clay, I'm not going to say it another time. Open the door now or I'll break in and you won't have a door for a while anymore.'

TW (CHILD) ABUSE/BLOOD AND HOMOPHOBIA

I couldn't do much else, I pushed my desk away and unlocked the door, hiding myself in my bed. My dad immediately grabbed my wrists and he squeezed them tightly, having his nails pierce my skin.

'What's wrong with you, Clay? Why are you like this? You're a failure.'

I said nothing and gave him a small nod, staring at my hands which were starting to get white now.

'WHY ARE YOU LIKE THIS? Posting videos online where you grossly make out with a boy, you're sick. You're actually sick in your head. And no, you're not only watching those gross videos, but you're in it yourself. What's your plan with this? It's not real love between you if you think it is.'

'It is,' I whispered softly, trying to escape.

'It's not, Clay. I knew you were dumb, but this dumb? Why did you post that video and why did you make out with a boy in the first place. You're supposed to train, dumbass.'

'I didn't post that video and I like him.'

'You posted it, I just had a teammate of yours over.'

'He's lying,' I whispered.

My dad didn't seem to care anymore and hit me in my face multiple times in a row. 'That's what you get for making out with boys, you're gross and you're sick. Are you trying to get money out of those disgusting videos?'

'I haven't posted it,' I whispered.

My dad hit me again, this time even harder. I could feel my face fill with something warm, what must have been blood. After my dad hit me a few times, he left me alone in my room.

TW (CHILD) ABUSE/HOMOPHOBIA OVER

I struggled to walk to the bathroom and grabbed a warm and wet towel to dab it against my face. After that, I went back to my room and laid down in bed as tears rolled down my face. I could only lay down on my back since the side of my head hurt too much.

I ended up sitting up in my bed with tears rolling down my face, not understanding how a dad could ever do something like this to his child.

I heard footsteps on the stairs again and curled up, hiding myself under my sheets as my mum came in. She ran to me and sat down as she lifted me up and held me against her body. 'Oh sweetie, what happened?' she asked as he looked at my bruised face.

'Dad beat me,' I whispered.

'Because of that video?'

I nodded.

'Have you posted it online, Clay?'

I shook my head. 'The guy who was here, he posted it online. I'm constantly training, I had a break and saw George. He was looking so cute and handsome, he was so sweet. I missed him,' I whispered.

'Do you like him?'

'Yes.'

'That's fine, honey.'

'Why'd you never say anything about dad's homophobia then?'

'I'm a bit scared of him and I'm sorry. He can be so aggressive and I was scared for him to hit me, but I'd rather have him hit me than you.'

'That has already happened, don't get yourself in trouble now.'

My mum ended up giving me a tight hug and I smiled. Luckily I still had someone.

1024 words

Summary:
Clay's dad figures out about the videos and beats Clay up