12

TW's:
-Homophobia (usage F-slur)
-Fight between parents
-Emotional abuse
(Not skippable since it's everywhere)

Clay's POV

After school I went home to go to football training again. I cycled home and when I hadn't even opened the door yet, I could hear my parents scream at each other. I slowly opened the door so they wouldn't hear me, they probably weren't going to hear me since they were upstairs.

'You can't hit your son, you're actually crazy,' my mum yelled.

'He makes out with guys, I have all right to hit him. He posts those videos of himself on the internet, who knows whatever is on the internet already.'

'Maybe he didn't post it himself.'

'I DON'T CARE, he made out with that guy either way. Maybe it's even worse if he actually thinks he's gay.'

'He can't choose his sexuality.'

'He's only going to football training and school for the rest of his life. He's not going anywhere else and I'm going to tell his trainer that that George guy has to be sent away immediately if he shows up.'

'I think you're in the wrong, you beat your own son up.'

'He deserved way worse.'

'His whole face is bruised, you can't do this.'

'If I see him with a boy one more time, I won't hesitate to beat him up even more.'

'But he's probably gay, you're going to see him with a boy eventually.'

'Being gay isn't a real thing. I'm going with him to training, I want to make sure he isn't seeing any boys.'

'No, he can go alone.'

'Too bad, I'm going with him.'

My dad ran downstairs and looked at me. 'Oh, you're here.'

I nodded slowly and grabbed my bottle of water. I walked upstairs, changing into sports clothes, eating something and I sighed deeply. Now my dad was coming, he was going to be screaming at me constantly.

I walked downstairs, ignoring my dad as I walked away. He came after me and grabbed my wrist tightly. 'I'm going with you.'

'No, leave me alone. I can easily train alone.'

'It appears that you cannot train alone, you go to the changing room to make out with guys and that's not going to happen again.'

I said nothing and stared at my hands in silence.

'You're so gross, Clay. Do you know that?'

'I'm not gross by kissing the boy who I love.'

'You don't love him, you're just trying to make money out of this.'

'What is wrong with you? I'm not trying to make money out of this at all, someone posted that video of George and me online. I didn't do anything like that, I just kissed him out of love.'

'No, love between two boys doesn't exist.'

'Please, just leave me alone. I can train on my own and you're annoying me.'

'I can't get the image of you making out with a boy out of my head anymore.'

'Well, you seem to enjoy it a whole lot,' I yelled. 'You can't stop talking about it anymore.'

'No, you need to learn your lesson.'

'Don't you think I've already done that after you beat the shit out of me?'

'Apparently not.'

I looked at my hands and sighed. 'Just let me love who I want, I don't want you to get involved in anything I do.'

'I'm your father so you have to respect what I tell you.'

'Yes, I have to respect things you tell me to do, but I'm not going to respect you when you're a homophobic idiot. I love George, I like boys. You're in the wrong here. If I would have been a drug addict and you wanted to watch over me, sure. But if I just kissed the boy I love and you act like I'm a criminal, I'm not going to listen to you.'

'You're the worst kid ever, I wish you wouldn't have been born. You were an accident anyway, I never wanted you. I wish you weren't here.'

I nodded slowly and started walking faster, ending up running away from my dad. Even though I didn't like showing my pain, my heart got crushed by his words. Your own dad wishing you were dead, that was unbelievably hard.

I ran to the changing room and sat down, but it all got even worse. I saw Brian stare at my bruised face and I stood up madly.

'That's your fault, you idiot. I hate you, I genuinely do.'

'How could I know he would beat you up?'

'You could have known, dumbass. You knew how scared I was for you to tell him.'

'Well, my dad wouldn't have beaten me up.'

'Yeah, but mine would,' I yelled as I was sick of it. I walked to the door to slam it behind me and ran into my dad.

'Where are you going?'

'LEAVE ME ALONE.'

My dad grabbed my wrist and I managed to get away. 'I HATE YOU ALL. YOU TREAT ME LIKE SHIT, JUST BECAUSE I KISSED A BOY.'

I saw my trainer coming closer behind me and he grabbed my hand to get me away from my dad. 'What's going on?'

'I'm just checking on him, because he can't keep his hands for himself.'

'I CAN, I JUST KISSED A BOY.'

I fought against my tears and stared at my hands. 'I just kissed the boy I love since I'm so young and he figured it out and hurt me.'

My trainer looked at my dad and then back at me. I started walking away and sat down on a bench on the field. Tears started rolling down my face and a few minutes later, I felt a hand on my shoulder.

I looked up in the eyes of Noah and he smiled at me. 'Are you alright?'

I shrugged. 'I'm fine.'

'You're lying, what's up?'

'It's not amazing to get beaten up and sworn at, because you kissed a boy.'

'Brian is just jealous of you. He wants to be the best and he wants to hurt you so you can't play anymore.'

I nodded and shrugged after.

'I'll always accept you, you're not grossly gay because you kissed a boy. I kissed Elijah too so if they find you gross, then I'm too.'

'Thanks,' I muttered with a smile.

1042 words

Summary:
Clay's dad goes with Clay to training after Clay's mum stands up for Clay. Brian gets startled by Clay's bruises, Clay gets mad, the trainer talks to Clay's dad and Noah helps Clay