11

TW's:
-Homophobia (usage F-slur)
-Mentions abuse/bruises

George's POV

I woke up really happy the next morning and stood up, going to the bathroom immediately. I took a quick shower, brushed my hair and my teeth and went downstairs to get some breakfast.

After I was ready for school, I grabbed my bag, said goodbye to my mother and cycled to school. I was excited to see Clay after yesterday and sat down on a bench next to the entrance to see everyone pass by me.

I waited for five minutes when I saw Clay slowly walk in, only not like he usually did. He was walking slowly, his face was completely bruised and he looked more insecure than he had ever been. I stood up and ran to him, grabbing his hand. 'Oh my goodness, are you alright?'

Clay smiled shortly. 'I'm fine, just leave me alone.'

'I'm sorry, you're clearly not okay. What happened?'

'Just an argument, let me go. I have class.'

'An argument with who?'

'No one special, now let me go.'

TW HOMOPHOBIA (F-SLUR)

Clay pushed me away and started running off, leaving me behind. I sighed softly and started walking to the public hallway as I suddenly noticed everyone staring at me. At one point a boy came up to me and he pushed me aside. 'Get out of here, faggot.'

'What?' I muttered.

'Haven't you seen it, idiot? Well everyone has and I don't want you here.'

I frowned and ignored him, walking further. The mean and gross looks didn't stop, I got pushed another time, I got sworn at countless other times and in the end I was sick of it.

'What's going on?' I yelled at one boy who pushed me away.

'Check Twitter, idiot.'

'I don't even have Twitter.'

'Well, your sweet boyfriend posted a video of you making out online.'

'W-what?'

'Ask him, not me. You're gross and I don't want to see you.'

TW OVER

I felt paralysed for a little and then I started running, seeing Clay sit down on a bench next to an empty table. I ran to him and pushed his shoulders. 'What the hell? Why'd you post videos of us kissing online? Everyone hates me now, everyone is pushing and insulting me.'

'I didn't post that,' Clay muttered.

'Everyone says you did, why are you being so distant again? What have I done wrong that you keep ignoring me and pushing me away. Do you really want to make out with me, just to push me away after? Is it even out of love for you? Because for me it was.'

'For me too,' Clay whispered as he looked down at his hands. 'I didn't post them.'

'Who did that then?'

'My teammate.'

'What are the videos?'

Clay shrugged and grabbed his phone to show me the videos on Twitter. My face heated up and I stared at my hands, noticing the person who had posted it was called "Dream".

'It's posted with your Minecraft name,' I muttered.

Clay nodded. 'He must have known.'

'Would you lie to me? Are you just playing with my feelings?'

'I'm not, why would I kiss you then?'

'You haven't kissed me for years and the one time you kiss me, it's all online.'

'Yeah, because maybe it wasn't that smart of an idea to make out in the changing room. I clearly didn't film that myself, right? I'm in the video too, why would I let people hate me too?'

I shrugged. 'What happened to your face?'

'I got beaten up because of that video, do you think I just did that to play with your feelings? What is this? A plan from when we were nine? I've kissed you before, multiple times and we've always kept it a secret.'

I nodded slowly. 'But maybe you just find me annoying.'

'No, I don't. I miss you, but I have to train all day. Just leave me alone, please. I'm not in a good mood, I'm hurt and tired. I'm going to be mean to you if you don't just leave me.'

'I miss the old Clay,' I muttered.

'Same,' Clay answered. 'I hate my life as it's now.'

'Clay, I don't want to leave you alone. I just want to be with you and not care about others.'

'I can't be with you.'

'W-why?'

Clay pointed at his face. 'I have enough pain already.'

'We can keep it a secret.'

'That's what we thought yesterday, see us now. Just go away, George. Everyone is seeing us talk and they might suspect something.'

'You're just ashamed of me,' I muttered as I turned around. Clay stood up and grabbed my shoulders.

'I'm not ashamed of you, I love you. I just can't show anyone that I love you.'

I nodded slowly. 'Will you ever be able to?'

Clay shrugged. 'Sometime, I can't train forever and I'll move out at some point. I just don't know if you want to wait for me for that long.'

'After all these eight years, I'm still in love with you. I don't mind waiting another eight years. I just miss you a lot and I wish to be more than friends.'

Clay grabbed my hand and we walked to the bathroom. We went into a stall and he sat down with me on his lap. 'I wish to be more than friends too, I wish to kiss you. I'm sorry that I can't.'

I nodded slowly. 'It's fine.'

'It's not fine, because I see that you're breaking.'

'It will heal eventually.'

'We have to avoid each other, just for a little while.'

I nodded and Clay smiled. He leaned in and pressed a short kiss on my lips. He lifted his hand after and showed me his bracelet. 'I'll always remember you.'

'Why do you have bruised wrists?'

'Someone was just a bit mad at me, but it's fine. Do you have your bracelet too?'

I nodded and showed him mine.

'As long as we wear them, we are still together. As soon as one of us takes it off on purpose, the promise is broken.'

I nodded and smiled. 'I'll never take it off.'

'Me neither.'

1026 words

Summary:
The whole school found out about the videos and George gets insulted so decided to go to Clay and ask what's happening