15

TW's:
-Emotional abuse
-Homophobia
-Hospital
(Whole chapter)

Clay's POV

My dad drove really unsafely and I tried not to scream because of the pain I was feeling. We arrived at the hospital twenty minutes later and my dad looked at me.

'I'll grab a wheelchair, I don't want you to cry in front of everyone. I'm ashamed of you.'

I just quietly nodded and waited for my dad to come back with a wheelchair. I struggled to get in, but I managed to around five minutes later. My dad didn't want to help me go inside, so I had to ride the wheelchair myself by spinning the wheels with my hands.

I managed to get inside, but it took me twenty minutes. My dad asked where to go and a nurse looked at me, coming later.

'Sir, why aren't you helping your son?'

'Because I want nothing to do with him, he's gay and he kissed a boy.'

The nurse looked a bit awkward. 'I don't think it's up to me to judge about that, but you can at least just help your son go to the right ward.'

'I don't want to get close to him, he's gay,' my dad yelled so loudly that people turned around and looked at me.

'Thanks for outing me,' I muttered.

The nurse smiled at me and walked away from the counter, going to me. 'I'll help you get there.'

'Thank you, miss,' I smiled.

'No problem, your dad can stay here. Just go to the cafeteria or something, I will help him.'

My dad didn't even argue about it and walked off as the nurse stood still and grabbed my hand.

'Are you alright?'

I shrugged and smiled. 'It's fine.'

'Liking boys is totally fine,' she smiled. 'What's your name?'

'I'm Clay.'

'Nice to meet you, Clay. I support you through anything, gay or not.'

I smiled. 'Thanks.'

She stood behind me to get me to the right ward and started riding the wheelchair.

'Do you like a boy?'

I nodded. 'I've liked my best friend since I was nine.'

'Does he like you back?'

I nodded again. 'He does, we are in love with each other. My dad forced me to train six to seven times a week for at least six hours a day, so I can't really see him a lot. I'm almost happy I'm injured, I can maybe make some time for him.'

'You can invite him over,' the nurse said.

I shrugged. 'I can't, my dad won't let him in. I have to find a way to go to his house.'

'I'd be down to give you a drive to his house.'

'Really?'

'Yeah, you seem to be stuck and I understand that you want to see him.'

'Thank you a lot.'

She suddenly handed me a small cart with her number. 'Here you go, text me and I'll bring you to him once. We are at the right ward, you can wait here and the doctor will help you get into his office in a bit.'

'Thanks, miss,' I smiled.

'No problem,' she said as she kneeled down in front of my wheelchair. 'Stay strong, when your dad doesn't accept you being gay, I accept you being gay. If he hurts you, you can call me. I have a son around your age too and it hurts to see you suffer like this. Parents never have the right to hurt their kids because of their sexuality.'

'Thank you so much.'

She smiled and nodded. 'No problem. I have to continue working now, but good luck with your leg and everything.'

She walked off and I smiled as I felt a bit more hopeful. I had an opportunity to see George again and that made me happy.

I was waiting for twenty minutes when I got called by the doctor. He smiled at me and walked to me, helping me get into his office.

'Can you tell me why you're here?'

'I was playing football and someone stepped on my foot, I twisted it and immediately had a lot of pain.'

'Okay, let me look at it.'

He rolled my trousers up a little bit and looked at my ankle. 'It's really swollen.'

I nodded. 'I've been holding ice on it for days, but the swelling isn't getting any better.'

'When did it happen?'

'A few days ago. My dad didn't want to bring me to the hospital.'

'I think you've for sure torn one or multiple ligaments. You need an MRI Scan as fast as possible.'

'What happens if I've torn ligaments?'

'You will have to rest for a few weeks and then come back. Ligaments heal by themselves often, but if it won't, you will need surgery.'

'My dad isn't going to let me take a rest.'

'He has to, you will only make it worse by putting pressure on it.'

I nodded slowly and fought against my tears. The doctor noticed and looked at me. 'Do you have tears in your eyes because of the pain or something else?'

I shrugged. 'The pain, I guess.'

'Are you sure? I'm going to see if there's a spot free for the MRI today, you can talk to me meanwhile.'

I shrugged and started crying. I hid my face behind my hands and the doctor looked at me in concern. 'What's wrong?'

'It's nothing, I'm just tired and I have a lot of pain.'

'Why is your dad not with you?'

'He's in the cafeteria.'

'Why's he not with you?'

'Just some reasons.'

'You can tell me, I won't tell anyone else. Is he not treating you well?'

I shrugged and stared at my hands. 'He doesn't like me a lot.'

'Why is that?'

'Because I'm gay, please stop asking now.'

'That's cool! I'm gay too.'

I looked up slowly and frowned. 'Really?'

'Yes, I'm married to a man.'

I smiled and nodded slowly. 'Congrats.'

'It's fine, okay? I've had a lot of trouble in the past too, but see me now. I'm happy to have my husband. How did he figure it out?'

'Someone posted a video of me online in which I was kissing a boy.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that, I can talk to your dad if you like.'

'It's fine, it's already nice to have people understanding me.'

1049 words

Summary:
Clay's dad is a dick, outs Clay in the hospital. Clay has nice nurses who offer him a ride to George's house.