19

TW's:
-A bad injury (ambulance/hospital)
-Mentions (emotional) abuse
-Mentions divorce

Clay's POV

I was crying as the game started and I had to walk after the ball. I never had this much pain, not even when it happened. My dad was constantly screaming at me on the side, telling me I was a failure.

I didn't understand why my trainer didn't do anything against it, but I ignored him now. Even though his words still hurt, if I was honest. Since I was right handed and I injured my right foot, I started kicking the ball with my left foot now. I winced every time I kicked the ball, because I had to put pressure on my other foot.

After a while Noah ran to me mid game and he grabbed my shoulder. 'Clay, you aren't okay at all. Please go home.'

'I wish I could, but my dad won't let me.'

'Did you really only stretch a ligament in your ankle?'

I shrugged. 'That doesn't matter.'

'It does, tell me what actually happened.'

'I've torn multiple ligaments,' I muttered.

'Oh my goodness, Clay. You can't train.'

'I don't want to get beaten up again, he just beat me up already. Please, give me a break from all this pain.'

'Why did he beat you up?'

'I went to George's house and we kissed. For some reason my dad never leaves me alone and he followed me to his house, walking in on us. Well, at least I know that I can't do that anymore.'

'Where's your bracelet?'

'He ripped it off and I'm the most sad about that, I don't even care about anything else. Although, I don't dare to see George again.'

Noah nodded slowly. 'I'm so sorry. You can come to my place with George, if you like. We can tell your dad that we are discussing football.'

I smiled. 'Thanks.'

Noah got called to get back to his original position and I saw the ball coming closer. I sighed deeply and took a deep breath as I started running to the ball.

TW VERY BAD INJURY

But that seemed to be my biggest mistake ever. I couldn't put pressure on my foot, twisted it again, but even worse than last time and I fell on the ground as I screamed loudly because of the pain.

My trainer shook his head and ran to me. 'This is not good, Clay. Did you only stretch it?'

'No,' I cried.

'What really happened?'

I couldn't speak so Noah told him what happened as I screamed of the pain.

'I'm going to call an ambulance, this is not okay.'

I didn't even argue against it anymore. The tears streamed down my face that my whole sight was blurry and I couldn't stop screaming until my voice was hoarse. An ambulance got called and I told my trainer I absolutely didn't want my dad to come with me. He went to talk to my dad and after ten minutes, I saw my dad storming off angrily.

I didn't even care about what happened and when the ambulance arrived ten minutes after that, I was still screaming and crying. The paramedics ran to me and kneeled down next to me, trying to move my leg somehow. Although I screamed so loudly that they lifted me up on a stretcher and pushed me into the ambulance.

WORST PART OVER

A really sweet man sat next to me in the ambulance and smiled at me. 'Can you tell me something about yourself?'

I shrugged. 'I'm unhappy, I don't know what to tell you.'

'Maybe any girls or boys in your life? You're handsome.'

I couldn't resist a small smile. 'A boy.'

'Friendship or more?'

I smiled and shrugged shyly. 'More.'

'Oh, I see. You're in love.'

I giggled. 'Maybe.'

'Do you want to talk about him for a little? Or maybe about something else?'

'I like talking about George, but not as many people are interested.'

'I'm really interested,' the man smiled as he held my hand to let me squeeze in it when I was in pain.

'George and I have been in love since we were nine,' I whispered shyly. 'Our first kiss was at twelve and we have never left each other. Although, my dad is trying to separate us and he's doing a great job.'

'I'm so sorry to hear that last part. Do you want to talk about it?'

I shrugged. 'Rather not. It hurts to talk about.'

'I understand, let's talk about George.'

I nodded and smiled. I started talking about how he looked, I showed him the pictures, I told him how much I loved George, even though everything tried separating us. Before I knew we were in the hospital and I got pushed inside on my stretcher.

In the ambulance they had made a whole construction around my ankle so I couldn't move it anymore for now. I would have an MRI immediately to see if I tore more ligaments or anything like that.

I called my mum to tell her I was in the hospital and she told me she was immediately going to come here. My dad hadn't returned home, although he also wasn't in the hospital. I was happy to not hear anything of him and I was happy that he left mum alone for now.

I got taken to the MRI and laid still for half an hour. When it was done, I got taken back to my room to wait for the results. My mum had arrived meanwhile and came in, sitting next to my bed as she ran her hand through my hair.

'Are you alright, honey?'

I nodded. 'I'm fine.'

'Clay, I know this is hard for you too, but I'm going to a lawyer. I want a divorce.'

I was quiet for a bit, but then I smiled. 'I'm more than glad with that, I never want to see dad again. He forced me to walk, he beat me up and he constantly swears at me. I'm sick of it.'

My mum smiled and grabbed my hand. 'I'm sorry for not doing this earlier, I was scared.'

'That's totally fine.'

1015 words

Summary:
Clay's injury worsens as he starts running