21

TW's:
-Mentions of everything that happened

Clay's POV

A while later, I had surgery again. My mum and George were in the hospital to be with me when I woke up. I was going to have a lot of pain and I would have to rehabilitate like I was a kid again. I wouldn't be able to walk in months and I was going to have pins in my ankle to keep my bone in the right place.

I got brought inside of a room, I got a mask so I would go to sleep. I fell asleep for the next hours and woke up really tired after the surgery. I got brought to a room where I could sleep for a little and I woke up with George and my mum next to me.

'Hi, Clay. How are you?' George smiled.

I nodded slowly, sticking my tongue out to show him that I was very thirsty.

'Do you want a drink?'

I nodded and George smiled. He grabbed a bottle of water and let me sip some of it. I smiled at him and grabbed his hand. 'Tired.'

'You're going to sleep in a bit,' George smiled. 'You're staying in hospital for a few days.'

I nodded and looked at my ankle. I had a brace around it and before my surgery they told me I would maybe need a cast.

I grabbed George's hand and smiled at him. 'How long have I had surgery for?'

'Four or five hours.'

'Is it all fixed?'

'Yes,' George said with a smile and he kissed my cheek. 'I love you, Clay.'

My mum saw that as a good moment to leave us alone for now and I looked at George. 'I wanted to do this in a way more special way, but that is not going to happen for the next few months. George, do you want to be my boyfriend?'

George blushed and nodded heavily. 'I would love to.'

'I'm never going to break the promise, I will always be with you,' I smiled.

George smiled and leaned in a bit to kiss me shortly. George stood up and crawled next to me in bed as we cuddled up together. 'Do you have a lot of pain, Clay?'

I nodded. 'I have a lot of pain, but it's better than when I went here. I think I also have a lot of medication in my body at the moment.'

'I think so too, but the doctor gave us medication to take. You just have to rest a lot, I'm going to help you get upstairs or downstairs on the couch and then we will just cuddle up, watching some movies together.'

'And my dad?'

'Your mum is having a divorce with him, she's probably staying in the house with you and he will have to leave. He's most likely going to jail for child abuse, since he beat you up twice.'

I nodded and looked at George. 'Do you actually like me? Or would you rather have me dead?' I whispered.

'Excuse me?'

'My dad said that every day, I started to think everyone likes it better if I'm dead.'

'Absolutely not, I love you and I don't want to lose you.'

I smiled. 'Sorry that my bracelet was off for a while, my dad ripped it off and he forced me to go to football training after that. My mum fixed it during my first surgery.'

'It's fine, I thought you purposely took it off.'

'I would never,' I smiled whilst hugging George tightly against my body.

We both melted away in each other's touch and I ran my hand through George's hair, closing my eyes meanwhile. George rested his head on my chest to listen to my heartbeat, he did that more often and it calmed him down a lot. I kissed his hair as he grabbed my hand to hold it tightly and stroke his finger over it.

We just laid like this for minutes long and even when the doctor came in, we didn't move. It was the same doctor as I had before and he smiled at me.

'This doesn't seem as friendly anymore,' he grinned.

George giggled and I smiled. 'We are boyfriends.'

'Congrats. Now we are talking about this, I've been married for five years to my husband today.'

'Oh, congratulations!' I yelled enthusiastically. 'Are you going to do something?'

'We are going out for dinner,' the doctor smiled and he looked at his papers. 'Back to the surgery. Everything went well, you have pins in your ankle to keep your bone at the right place, all ligaments are fixed. You need to rest for at least a month, no walking at all. After that you can go to a rehabilitation centre to slowly start moving again. I have medication for you, every day two of them and you have to come back in three weeks for a checkup.'

'Thank you,' I smiled.

'If you need to go to the toilet or whatever, make sure that someone walks there with you and use your wheelchair for the first few weeks. Make sure to put no pressure on it at all.'

'And football?'

'You won't be able to play for months, I'm sorry.'

I sighed relieved. 'I've never been more happy with something. I'm sick of football, I'd like to play on a low level, but never this high again.'

The doctor smiled and nodded. 'I get that. Well boys, have fun together. I'm going to go to another patient now, you have to stay in the hospital for a few days, but if it goes well, you can leave the day after tomorrow.'

I nodded and the doctor walked away again. My mum had come back too now and the doctor explained to her shortly what to do too. I just cuddled up with George and closed my eyes meanwhile. I was still really tired and started falling asleep with George in my arms. Before I fell asleep, I heard George say that he loved me and I dozed off with a big smile on my face.

1018 words