23

A/N: Soooo ummm, idk if I'm grounded but I'm using my school computer to write the next few chapters. (I'm taking summer PE lol my schools over) and yeah. My parents haven't given me my phone back, and idk if they are planning to anytime soon. (or at all at this point). *sighs* its great being the disappointment of the family. I won't be active much so if you message me it might take me some time to reply. (please do i have no friends). Also I'm writing this on Father's day (idk when I will publish tho lol) so Happy father's day to all the dads. (And daddys if you know what I mean.) 

---

*Peyton's POV*

"I'm gay." Alayna says. I stop running my brush through my hair. I look at her to see if she's joking.

Alayna's expression is a mixture of scared and surprised. I open my mouth to say something, but words didn't come out. We stare at each other, no one saying anything. After a few good moments Alayna breaks the silence.

"I'm not lying Peyton."

"I didn't think you were." I say. It's not a complete lie, since I did consider it. "I thought you liked Blaise?"

Alayna just laughs and the concerned expression travels from her face to mine.

"No." She manages to get out in between laughs. "I just knew he had a crush on me."

"What?" I say.

"Pansy didn't tell you? Blaise thinks I'm cute." Alayna says dragging out the 'u'.

"No." I huff. Why wouldn't she tell me?

"Oh well yeah. He does. Or did I guess, I don't know."

"When was this?"

"Um. When Pansy and I started becoming friends." She says. "It's actually the first thing we really talked about."

"Oh." I reply.

"Yeah." Alayna sighs.

"So you like girls?" I ask. Alayna hesitates before answering.

"Mhm." She hums. "Boys are gross."

I laugh and Alayna joins in.

"Who was your gay awakening?"

"I don't really know. I guess I just never liked boys."

"Oh." I say softly, leaving the room in silence again.

After a few moments Alayna breaks the silence again.

"Hey Peyton?"

"Yeah?"

"I like someone."

"Okay?" I mean was it weird that she liked someone? Wait-

Does she like me? I turn to her hoping she says something else. Anything else.

Alayna notices my face and immediately starts laughing again.

"Not you!" She giggles. "I mean you're hot and all, but not you! You're my best friend!"

I let out a noticeable sigh and burst into laughter along with Alayna. We laugh until both our sides hurt and lay on the bathroom floor together, holding our aching sides. 

"So who do you like then?" I giggle. Alayna stops laughing and looks away from me.

"You have to promise you won't be mad." She says, and adds, "And you can't tell them."

"I promise for both of those things." Alayna sighs and bites her lip.

"Pansy." She says, after a few seconds of eager silence.