19

A/N: Sorry for not updating for the past like what five or six days? I was visiting my cousin (also my bestie) for the first time in a year and like three months. Ik, sad right? Well anyway I was too busy to write but here I am now, writing a new chapter. Also may I add, MY FRIENDS FOUND MY TIKTOK :/ Eek, they found this too so um yeah... hi maggie, grace, alayna, bella, carina and abby (x2) :) Well, go follow my tiktok, @dracosbae111 (Yes its the same as my wattpad) bc I keep losing followers :( 

My cousin @StinaCedric Go follow her! She's writing a new story rn! (its not published yet)

---

I watch as Alayna's trunk disappears, just seconds after mine.

"We'll use floo powder to get to the house." Jeremy explains. I nod as Jeremy turns and starts to walk towards some near-by buildings. Alayna motions for me to follow, and I take my place right next to her.

"How many step siblings do you have again?" I whisper into her ear, my breath creating a fog due to the freezing temperatures outside. I see her smile as she turns.

"Nine." She whispers back. "And trust me, I wish I was lying." We both giggle, catching the attention of Jeremey. He turns around for a moment, gives us a quick smile, and turns back around to continue leading us to the shop.

I look around at the sights around us. There is a small pond to our left, with thin ice covering the surface. I hear some kids playing outside in the newly falling snow. I hold my hand out and catch a few in my palm. They melt almost immediately and I shake my hand off. I tuck it back in my coat pocket, hoping it will keep me warm. We make a couple more turns before Jeremy stops in front of a shop named 'Potionsaza'. Jeremy reaches into his pocket and pulls out a chain of keys. 

He fumbles around with them for a moment and separates a key from the others. Jeremy sticks it in the key hole and turns it. The door swung open and Jeremy stepped aside to let the two of us walk in. Alayna and I walk up the steps and into the small building. It is filled with people, young and old, shopping throughout the store. Alayna gives me a moment before reaching down and grabbing my wrist. She leads me through the crowd and up to the desk up front.

"Hey Alayna." The man at the front desk says. "You must be Peyton, right?" He turns to me. I smile and nod. Alayna pushes the small half door open with her hip and pulls me inside. We walk past the man and through another door, into what looks like a storage room.

"That was Cyrus, my oldest step-sibling." Alayna says. "He's 23." She adds. I smile in a response as she continues to lead me through aisles of boxes, until we reach a door. She types in a number on  a box, that resides just above the handle. The box beeps with every number she inputs, and once it beeps six times it does a continuous, long beep. Alayna turns the handle and the door swings open. I look at her, astonished. How did that work?

"It's a muggle lock." She explains noticing my surprise. "You know how to use Floo powder right?"

"Mhm." I mumble touching the 'muggle lock.' It beeps when I touch a number and I jump. Alayna lets out a giggle and looks around the room she had just walked in. I touch the lock again, not jumping when it beeps this time. Alayna opens a drawer from the desk in the corner of the room. 

She lets out an, "Aha!" When she opens the bottom drawer and pulls out a small bowl. She stands up and walk to the fireplace on the other side of the office.

"Just say, 'Jennings's house' and I'll be right behind you." Alayna says handing me the bowl. I nod, understanding her. I take the bowl out of her hands and step closer to the fire place. I dig my hands into the power before I hand the bowl back, and step into the large fireplace.