No Turning Back - A Vampire Diaries Fanfic 2, 3 & 4

Start from the beginning

"Ah, come on, woman, we can play... Scrabble but I think Twister sounds better. You can go first."

"As much as I would love to play board games with you, Damon... I actually have plans."

Charlie headed to the door but Damon was suddenly in front of her, blocking her path.

"Do you mind, I have somewhere to be?" Charlie said pushing passed him.

Damon grabbed her small wrist easily in one hand. "Do your plans have anything to do with who you were texting earlier?"

"And if they do?" Charlie challenged.

Damon sighed and let go of her arm.

Charlie disappeared out the front door, and left Damon alone in the doorway.

Charlie felt nervous as she drove to Jeremy's house. Why she didn't know. He was just a human kid. She'd been on dates with millions of them. But for some reason he seemed different. It was as if he understood her, how she was feeling, what she was going through, like in his subconscious he knew who she really was.

She knocked on the door and took a deep breath. Two seconds later she heard footsteps running down the stairs.

Jeremy opened the door with a huge grin on his face. "Hey, Charlie, you kept your promise."

"Told you I would," she smiled.

They lingered at the door way, for a few more seconds, smiling at each other nervously.

"Jeremy," a female voice shouted from inside.

"One second," he said and headed back inside the house.

Charlie waited outside the door. Please invite me in, Charlie thought. I can't enter unless you do.

"Just come in, Charlie," Jeremy shouted from down the hall. It was as if he'd read her mind.

Charlie stepped inside and gave a sigh of relief.

"Just come through to the living room," Jeremy said.

She wandered down the hall and heard someone in the kitchen.

Charlie stopped at the entrance to the living area. A pretty blond haired woman who looked in her late twenties was cutting tomatoes. She smiled brightly at Charlie.

Jeremy came to Charlie's side.

"Charlie, this is my Aunt Jenna."

Aunt? She wondered where his parents were.

"Hi, Charlie, nice to meet you. I'm just making Tacos, would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Thank you, that would be lovely," Charlie smiled back.

Jeremy sat down on the couch and patted the spot next to him, gesturing for her to come over.

"So, are you a video games type of girl?" Jeremy asked as Charlie sat down.

"Are you asking if I'm good at video games, or if I like video games?" she laughed.

"Both."

"Well, yes, I do like them and I don't like to brag but I'm pretty good," she giggled.

"Hmm," Jeremy laughed.

"What? Are you scared of getting beat by a girl?"

"No, no, no, you won't beat me," he said raising his eyebrows smugly.

"Fine, it's on," she laughed grabbing the control out of his hands.

"Can't believe you beat me every time," Jeremy said, "I mean, like 5 games in a row, how do you have reflexes like that?"