46.

Following her flight from Nott manor, Lyra was gone for hours. Aimlessly roaming around the muggle world lost in the havoc of her own thoughts before going to Malfoy Manor.

Lyra considered leaving now as she pondered the time turner she had purchased off the dark market only a few days before. She knew it could be disastrous. Going to the future the day of Harry's parent's death. Would anyone believe her story? Dumbledore would surely remember Lyra, that was a certainty. But what would happen to her?

Lyra hadn't been born yet but whoever her birth mother was, was already pregnant with Lyra. What would her decisions mean for her future? Would her parents keep her? And what was to happen to her if she was to destroy all Horcruxes and kill Voldemort?

There were too many flaws in her plan, but going back to her own timeline was not an option. Remaining here was also not an option.

Her entire life was currently tumultuous. Everyone in it was angry or had betrayed her. None of them deserved a goodbye except Alastor. Should she even bother staying at the Manor anymore?

Lyra sat down at the dining table amongst her friends without noticing the conversation going on around her. She didn't care about anyone at the moment. All Lyra wanted to do was shut herself in her room and figure out what was going to happen next.

Just the sight of Frey and Tom next to each other made her feel physically nauseous. Frey was obviously proudly showing off the gorgeous emerald ring on her finger in the presence of Lyra.

Tom and Lyra looked absolutely horrendous. Tom and her sat facing each other in obvious pain and agony. The difference was that Tom had a better ability to hide this than she did.

While she stared mindlessly at the food in front of her, an intense mental struggle was taking place in her mind. The expression on Lyra's face was emotionless, and her eyes seemed lifeless and cold.

"How unfortunate Lyra won't be coming back with us to Hogwarts." Nott unexpectedly revealed sending a wave of silence to the group, breaking Lyra out of her thoughts.

Oh fuck me.

"What?" Mulciber questioned setting down his fork.

"She's going back home."

Mulcibers eyes shot towards Lyra with shock, "As in...home home?" his voice went delicate.

Lyra opened her mouth to speak. "Yes." Nott rushed to it first. "Home home."

"Niles stop." she grit through her teeth.

"Oh, apologies I thought I should break the news quickly since you weren't going to do it yourself."

"You had no right telling everyone. I was going to do it when I was ready. Why are you bitching about this you know why I have to go back home." the tone of her voice rose.

He hit the table with his palm down and aggressively pushed his chair back to stand, "Because you're going to get yourself killed!" his body faced her.

She did the same, aggressively standing with her chair pushed back, "Then so be it! You know how important it is for me to go back. If I die then that's something I've already accepted." her voice echoed through the silent dining room.

"Wait why is she dying?" Malfoy questioned loudly pointing his finger up. Avery gently moved his wrist down, shaking his head to Malfoy, "Just no."