29.

She woke to find Mulciber snoring leaned up against the headboard.

Lyra felt bad seeing him like this, knowing he likely stayed up all night watching over her. She glanced over to Nott's bed and detected it to be empty.

Glancing around the room, she spotted Nott laying on the floor next to her, hugging his blanket while he was faced down onto the pillow.

"Nott," she whispered tenderly.

He didn't move.

"Niles," she spoke with her voice above a whisper.

"Five more minutes Mum," he muttered in a drowsy voice.

Lyra decided to allow him to sleep, even though she knew he felt uncomfortable she let him be.

"I wish they finished what they started!"

The cruel words like a broken record floated through her mind in utter sadness.

But what else should she naively expect from someone like him, someone who knocked her unconscious, who called her a whore.

"That bastard," she muttered to herself.

"Who's a bastard?" Mulciber barely yawned waking up.

"No one."

"My guess is you're talking about Riddle."

"I don't want to talk about it."

She didn't want them to know, not only about the argument they had but overall what happened to her. She didn't want to open up to them unless she was completely ready, maybe she'd never tell them since they haven't asked any questions.

Lyra laid nervously to her side encountering him, "I'm sorry I left without an explanation."

"I didn't want to bring it up but," his eyes wandered to her neck, "What happened?"

She detected him looking down and pulled up the covers to her neck, "Can we not talk about that."

He noticed she became uncomfortable and brushed it off. The pair laid in pleasant silence nothing but the distinctive sounds of Nott's mumbling.

"He was worried you know."

She became puzzled at the sudden statement, "Who?"

"Nevermind." He awkwardly stood up brushing the blanket off him and went into the restroom.

Riddle didn't sleep through the night; he couldn't stop recollecting the words he said to her, the memory's he caught a glimpse of. What's worse is he knew that Lyra probably spent the eternal night with Nott and Mulciber, he hated knowing they could be there for her in a way he never could.

It seems no matter what he does the two always end up fighting, reaching a sensitive nerve only they could. She was right, there would be no one to mourn Riddle, there was no one who held a special place in their heart for him.

Who requires that when Riddle has power, gains loyal followers, has people to carry out every little thing he wants for him, he fucking beat death. He was an immortal, a god even one might say.

Love.

Friendship.

Completely signified nothing to him, and it never will. To Riddle, it was a weakness, a waste of time to dab in such meaningless things.

But the way Lyra reacted to his last words before he left, he had never seen her look so disappointed how her cheeks became flushed red like they repeatedly do when she's upset. All because of him, his stupidity, the way her eyes looked so hurt on the verge of tears, for the first time in his life he wanted to apologize to someone.