28.

Lyra was able to finally convince Nurse Podmore she's perfectly fine going back to her dorms, it was Friday night, and would like to spend the weekend in the comfort of her bed before resuming classes once again.

Desperately hoping she wouldn't run into anyone, she made sure to go at the latest time, confident that the common room would be empty.

Taking a peek over the painting and sighing from relief to find it abandoned. Quickly she ran towards her room slammed the door shut resting her forehead on the stable wooden door, her hand placed over her chest.

Standing there trying to calm her heart rate down she didn't know what to do. Maybe going back to the infirmary seems like a good option now.

Turning to face her room, Lyra was puzzled at the appearance.

Her bed neatly done, her books all stacked along with her uniform hanging in her closet. She noticed the clear indent left in her leather chair as if someone had sat there for days.

Riddle.

No, he would never do that, it can't be him.

Would he be happy to see her back?

Or would he be disappointed?

She shook her mind not wanting to pay any attention to the new state of her room or let her thoughts roam to him once again and began to undress, tossing the gowns she comfortably spent days in aside.

A shower, that's what she needed.

She turned the tap and stood directly under the boiling water feeling protected in the little space.

That's all she did, standing there trying to comprehend how she used the Cruciatus curse, how she enjoyed every second of it.

How the pain of the scabs and bruisings dissolved through the hot water.

Lyra wished she could just stand there forever.

Riddle sat in his room leaning against his bed, lost into the pages of a book not comprehending the words as Lyra lingered to the back of his mind.

After leaving Lyra's room he didn't care to go back, not wanting to sit there anymore like an idiot waiting for her presence as if she'd be glad to see him.

No, she'd be more excited in Mulciber's presence probably run into his arms since she spends so much time glued to him.

One last time, he would go check one last time to satisfy the annoying curiosity burned into his brain.

He exits his room going towards the familiar path already memorized.

Standing in front of the door Riddle thought to himself, "This is completely moronic." and placed his hand over the handle to push open.

But it didn't.

It was locked and barred with magic, strong magic especially.

He tried to break through it, force himself in but the magic wouldn't be lifted.

"Bombarda." the door ripped itself apart from the hinges falling straight loud with an echoing boom.

Lyra stood on the corner of her bed, wrapped in a towel with her puzzled eyes widened at the exploding door. She looked up to see Riddle standing there, his wand pointed up.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?" she yelled at him.

All he witnessed was someone different standing across from him, she significantly lost weight especially in her face, the round cheeks she had once replaced with a caved-in hollow.