9.

She stood in front of the great hall entrance to see commotion occurring. There was a man standing in front of the teacher's table, abdomen bleeding waving his wand frantically around everyone. She quickly rushed over to see what was happening but once she got closer, she had recognized the man, Samuel, he was the first person aside from Ollivander she had met in the pub on her second day. The pair saw each other often both inside The Three Broomsticks and the streets of Diagon alley they were somewhat friends.

He looked awful, his eyes bloodshot, the gashing wound, and him psychotically pointing his wand to the men surrounding him. She had seen this curse before, experienced it herself when the curse hit her shoulder blade, left stranded all alone in that forest hiding from death eaters it took her hours in removing the poisoning effects of it making her weaker and weaker, it's an agonizing type of curse that spreads its way into the nerves.

This type of dark magic not only affects one physically but mentally as well, it feasts upon your darkest fears and every horrible thought you have ever thought about is flushed into your mind all at once. The worst part of the curse is anyone who touches one infected with this, succumbs to a terrible jolt of pain.

A look of relief washed over him, "Lyra? Lyra is that you? They're trying to hurt me, they keep saying awful things to me, please make it stop." Everyone's attention turned onto her. While Samuel was distracted a man was about to grab him and she leaped forward yelling, "NO! No one touches him unless you want to be in absolute pain as well." everyone took a step away from him except her, she took small steps toward him.

"Samuel, they're trying to help you not hurt you. Why don't you put your wand down so I can heal you." holding out her hand, hoping he'll let her take his wand away.

"The things the voices are saying Lyra, they want me to hurt you. I hurt Abraham, look at him in pain because of me"

"No Samuel that's not you thinking right now, it's the dark magic. You didn't hurt him, the curse did because he touched you. He's your friend, isn't he? What cause would you have to harm him." merely inches away she stepped in front of him, wrapping her hand onto his wrist she moved it down earning a confused look from him. She pulled away her shirt to reveal the scar that wrapped around her shoulder,

"See, I've been hit with the same one before, but the difference is there was no one to help me. I can help take it away if you let me."

He looked over to his friends then back at her slowly nodding his head. She motioned him to sit down, which he did, pulling up at the fabric she saw how infested and deep the wound is, with yellow and black pus oozing out of it. There was no time to move him to the infirmary; it could be too late by then and he'd have an outburst of dark magic. There are too many casualties and not enough time to evacuate the students. "I'm going to talk to Professor Dumbledore real quick. Do you think you can sit for just a few moments for me?" she looked at him with sorrow and understood the pain he was going through, it's enough to drive some mad.

"Riddle, that's her, that's the woman we've been looking for." Malfoy nudged and whispered towards him. But he already knew, the moment he had heard her yell, the woman standing across from the table was the same woman who left him with a fatal mark that covered his upper arm.

A wave of anger took over him as he dug his nails into the palm of his hand. He didn't take his gaze off her for one second. But Riddle found it curious how she knew of the dark magic implanted into the man. Why had she been hit with the same curse? How did the two know each other? With the events occurring in front of his eyes all it did was add more questions about her. Questions he needed answers to.

"You were right Abraxas she is quite attractive," Nott said as he gazed upon the woman in complete awe with a frantic smile. Riddle shot a look at him causing Nott to turn his gaze back to the plate of food in front of him and muttered "She's alright I guess."

He watched every movement of hers, from grabbing Samuels wrist, which surprised him, seeing as when the other man laid a hand on him he yelled in pain and fell to his knees. From lifting his shirt and walking over to Dumbledore.

"I have to heal him here, we can't move him with the uncertainty of him essentially exploding with dark magic. I can control the effects of the curse but I need merlap essence, lavender powder, unicorn tears, and angelica herb to ease the pain. Do you have those here ?" She only discovered days after her attack that the 4 ingredients completely numbed the pain she was forced to go through. It wasn't absolutely needed in order to suck out the magic but she wished the same would've been done for her in those days.

Dumbledore didn't speak, he nodded his head and went off to gather the ingredients she had requested. Turning her attention back onto Samuel she walked over to him and pulled out her wand. Since no one but her can touch him, it was going to be rather difficult to extract the magic from him. Someone had to hold him down for it and would take twice as long to remove if he was to be stunned.

"Samuel this is going to hurt a lot, and I'm so sorry but I can't stun you, you have to be awake for this to work." He gripped her hand suddenly and tight, pulling her close to him.

"I trust you. Do it." She had him lay down and hovered around his body, inhaling sharply she shot one more apologetic look at him. Pointing her wand at the wound she began the extraction.

A deafening scream emerged from him as the spell burned and sucked out the infection the dark magic was leaving. She tried her best to ignore it and focus on Samuels abdomen, the effects of the curse took a toll on her body, to extract a small amount of this type of magic is dangerous enough. But compared to what she's doing now, most would've passed out or have serious damage occur. A few more minutes that felt like hours had gone by, Samuels pained screams not stopping once.

Dumbledore had arrived with the ingredients just in time as Lyra waved her wand over the wound to see if any magic was left undetected. Once she had stopped he passed out from the pain. She quickly mixed the ingredients in the palm of her hand and began to spread it out evenly onto the split skin. With the puss and infection gone, his body and potion will only focus on healing itself. Another flick of her wand bandages wrapped themselves around Samuel.

Letting out a sigh of relief still crouched on the floor, "You can touch him now and take him to the infirmary. He needs to rest and needs the same potion applied once more before he could take off the bandages." Her body was weak but she found enough strength to pull herself up and back away from the body. He was carefully lifted and quickly rushed to the infirmary leaving her standing all alone out of breath and out of strength.

Lyra felt her nose begin to bleed and her vision blurred, with one last look towards Dumbledore she couldn't hold herself up anymore and collapsed.