Twin

A/N: I am really bad at writing, and this is my first fanfic, so please don't judge me too much. I have all the books except Legacy, so this may not be 100% accurate to the books for now, but once I get Legacy I will try to fact-check everything

"Why are there two?" Cassius asked. "You said there would only be Keefe."

"I thought it would only be Keefe!" Gisela yelled, running a hand down her face. Realization sunk in.

"There can't be twins!" Cassius said. "Do you know what this will do to us? Do you know what will happen?"

Gisela looked around. What should she do? What could she do? Cassius grabbed her hand. "Please, Gisela. Tell me what you can do."

She's only seen that look of desperation on his face once. Not that he remembers that one time.

"I'm going to call the washers."

"What are you going to do with her?"

"That won't be any of your concern." Gisela cradled the baby girl in her arms. Her face was like her brother's, with ice blue eyes and messy blonde hair. A tear dripped down the baby's face.

The baby started babbling. One of the babbles sounded like 'Faye'. Gisela know what she was going to name her.

Cassius ran over to where Gisela was standing. A confused look on his face. "Are you going to take her to them? The people you told me about?"

Gisela laughed. "The Neverseen? Oh perhaps. It would be better for Keefe to have a friend when he gets there. But she won't be going there now. It's too dangerous! Fintan could set her on fire while I'm gone! But eventually... Yes. She will end up there."

"Why are you just telling me this?" Cassius was confused

"Because you won't remember any of it." Gisela walked out of the room with Faye in her arms.

A telepath came in. Piercing blue eyes. Blond hair. Cassius remembered Gisela telling him about Gethen. But when? How many times has this person wiped away Gisela's mistakes? How would he forget that he had another kid? That Keefe had a twin sister?

How would he forget that his wife betrayed him?

Again.

----------

Gisela rushed around the 43rd floor of Candleshade, looking for an abandoned closet for Faye to live in. She found one. About the size of a small human bedroom. It'll have to do. Gisela found a blanket and a couple pillows. She grabbed them and made a bed for the baby.

Cradling the baby in her lap, she sat on an old couch. It was a faded gray and two of the cushions we're missing.

Faye would love in this isolation for five years of her life. Completely oblivious to the world beyond those walls.

A/N: Sorry this is a short chapter. I just needed to make a kinda intro to the story. I'm hoping the next chapters will be a little longer!