4. 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘗𝘓𝘈𝘕

THE HEROES

"Morning." Y/n greeted dryly, setting down her cup of coffee onto Bakugou's desk and perching herself onto the small couch next to it. "Fuck off." He responded, taking a sip of his own coffee. It was only 6 AM in the morning and they had already gotten to work, the two of them bent over papers from the villain's files discussing their next course of action.

To her surprise, Y/n found out that Bakugou was quite civil when it came down to hero work (Aside from the insulting words now and then, but she could work around that). "Right so it says here that there are rumours of Chain being spotted in a few clubs, one of them being in Brooklyn.." Y/n muttered, sliding Bakugou a blurry picture of the redhead. Chain was easy to identify among the crowds, he looked exactly like the picture that was included in his files with his short red hair, grey eyes and an obscene amount of tattoos and piercings.

Bakugou frowned, snatching the picture off the table. "Isn't that the spider chick standing next to him?" He said, pointing at an extremely blurry face next to Chain's. "What..?" "Are you fucking blind? Right there." Y/n shot him a glare before squinting at the picture. Y/n could make out Venom's black and white hair, but her face was not in the shot. "Shit.. you're right, we need to report this."

"When was this taken?" He asked. "Two weeks ago apparently. That's also when the attacks in the US started, so they definitely inspired and instructed some attacks in their time there." "Tsk. Shitty criminals. Are they still in your damn country?" Y/n shook her head. "They were both spotted in Shiba two days ago, so it's unlikely." "We need to get those two fucks before they spread their shenanigans to another country, because it looks like those two are the ones who move around the most."

"Dynamight sir? You and Miss Kinetika have received letters from the commission.." The secretary interrupted, quietly stepping in and laying the letters on the desk. She excused herself and made a swift and quick exit, leaving the two heroes to read their letters. "Why did she look so worried when she gave us the papers?" Y/n pondered, staring at her envelope.

"Why should I give a shit? Just open the damn thing so we can go back to work." He snapped, making Y/n shake her head, silently cursing him as she opened the envelope.

Dear Kinetika, I hope that you are advancing in your mission.

Both the American and Japanese teams have worked together to construct a plausible cover story for your stay in Japan, and I am pleased to say that they have succeeded in arranging a perfect cover.

The plan requires Pro-Hero Dynamight and you pretend that you are in a relationship with each other. The two of you met in the universal hero conference in I-Island a year ago, and you two have been in a secret long distance relationship ever since.

After a few months of planning, the two of you decided to plan a short visit to Japan so that you could see each other in person for the first time after a long period of being away from each other.

Please memorise this cover backstory in time for your first public appearance in two days, where you and Dynamight will do a short interview together talking about your 'relationship'.

This plan is non negotiable, so please stick to it.

-USA Hero Public Safety Commission Vice president, Killian Lamar.

Slowly, Y/n set the paper down back on the table, took a deep breath and buried her face into her palms. She was awaiting Bakugou's reaction, more like preparing herself for it. "Are you fucking kidding me?!" There it was. "First I have to work with you and now I have to pretend to actually like you?! This is fucking bullshit, I'm not doing this." "Didn't you fucking see the 'this is not negotioable' part or not? Now stop fucking complaining as if I'm dying to work with you let alone pretend to date you."

This shut Bakugou up. But it didn't stop the horrendously awkward silence that commenced after as they continued scanning the villain's documents.

God, this mission is going to be harder than Y/n anticipated.

THE VILLAINS

The hideout was cold and damp when Phantom entered it. Scrunching up her nose, she walked quietly through the corridors. She'd occasionally receive some respectful nods from random underlings when she walked by, even though she was pretty young, many were a little scared of her since she was one of the people in the boss's inner circle. Finally, she reached the boss's room.

Knocking quietly, she awaited his response. "Come in." A gruff voice answered. Not bothering to open the door, she simply phased through it and entered the room. "Sir." She muttered, bowing slightly. He brushed her off, waving his hand dismissively. "Sit down." Ordered Maneater. He was sitting on his desk, nibbling on a small bone and staring down at the sprawled pictures of Pro-Hero Kinetika.

"So, what'cha got for me boss?" She sighed, crossing her legs and twirling her violet hair with her finger. "I'm sure that you've heard about Kinetika and Dynamight's interview together in two days. Right?" He asked, his pale finger tracing the bone in his hand, while his ebony eyes stared into Phantom's magenta ones. "Yeah. They'll be discussing some details about their newly revealed relationship right?" "Precisely." He nodded.

"I want you to infiltrate the broadcast and show them a little something that they might wanna see..." Phantom opened her mouth to ask him a question, but he shushed her. "You want to ask what I meant, right? Well, Chain and Venom filmed us a nice video to send to Kinetika, and this video will definitely get her out of Japan, which is what we want." He explained, preserving eye contact with Phantom while taking a long lick at his bone.

You might think that she's used to his unusual.. Habits, since she's been working with him for sometime. But his actions never fail to send shivers down her spine. "So you want me to hack into their system, interrupt the broadcast and show them the video?" He smiled, flashing his pearly white fangs. "Such a good girl aren't you little Phantom? So smart and obedient. Think you can handle this?"

"Of course boss. Just leave it to me."