45. 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘗𝘏𝘈𝘕𝘛𝘖𝘔 𝘖𝘍 𝘛𝘏𝘌 𝘖𝘗𝘌𝘙𝘈 𝘐𝘚 𝘏𝘌𝘙𝘌

"Is he here yet?" Y/n turned to Benji, leaning in and staring at the security camera footage with him. "Charlie? Yeah he should be here by now, why was his flight delayed?" "God knows.." She sighed. Ever since they entered the building and everyone got to work to start preparing, Y/n has been pacing around nonstop, visiting everyone in their stations. She sauntered into the actors changing room and watched as they all frantically rushed around while getting ready. The performance will start soon.

THE VILLAINS

Maneater's slender fingers wrapped around his scarlett tie, tightening it while he examined his appearance in the mirror. "Takahiro." He called out. Chain stumbled into the room. "Boss?" "Is the car ready?" He turned towards him, his piercing black eyes made Chain gulp. It felt as if he saw right through him and his deception. It felt wrong. What he was doing. Betraying someone who introduced a new course for his life. But Y/n promised she'd try her best to help Maneater.

"Yes sir. Shiro is driving."

Maneater nodded in his direction. He was about to leave the room when he placed his hand on Chains shoulder, making the red head freeze. "Don't worry, the play is not that boring." He smiled before patting his shoulder and walking out. Chain stood frozen in his place as Maneater teleported away behind him. He clutched the doorway, his hand clenched on his chest, right above his heart. Maneater's aura... he was truly a terrifying man.

He heard Venom's voice through the comms, urging him to hurry up and snapping him out of his wide-eyed daze.

"Y-yeah.. I'll be down in a second.."

THE HEROES

"They're here." Benji talked into the comms, informing the rest. Phantom was escorted into the control room by Kaminari not too long after Chain, Venom and Maneater sat down outside. Aizawa bit the inside of his cheek as he eyed the raven haired man sitting in front of him. His gaze made contact with Kirishima's, who was seated two seats away from Chain. Kirishima nodded, adjusting the hearing device in his ear.

"You okay?" Katsuki asked, walking up to Y/n who was sitting in front of one of the vanities with her hands gripping her head, looking down at her mask. She was already in costume. The music from the play was faintly playing in the background. Y/n looked up and smiled. "Yeah. 'm fine." She sniffed. Katsuki grabbed a chair, dragging it to sit next to her. His gloved hand pulled her chin towards him and he gave her a serious look. She caved in, resting her head in the crook on his neck.

"I don't fuckin' know what the hell I'm gonna do if this shit fails... The commission will have my head.." Y/n mumbled, her voice muffled by the fabric of his hero suit. Katsuki raised his hand, awkwardly patting her back. He had no clue how to comfort. "Don't worry, you're a smart little shit Y/n, you always manage to pull yourself out even when knee deep in a fuck up." He sighed. She pulled away from him and exhaled. "I'm gonna be knee deep in job applications soon." Y/n chuckled.

"Hey. You've been working day and night on digging shit up on that guy. He's not as strong as we thought he was. You'll get him. And if that asshole commission choses to lose their strongest hero, then you can come here and beat Deku's ass on the charts." He smirked, making her laugh. "Yeah, I guess I could do that..." She breathed, her eyes locking with his. They fluttered shut when he leaned towards her, pressing a soft kiss unlike their usual passionate ones. "Fuck him up." He whispered against her lips.

"I will."

"Everyone to their positions. L/n prepare to switch." Phantom's voice rang through everyone's ears, making Katsuki and Y/n pull away from each other. He left her with a kiss on her forehead, retreating to his position before the actors came rushing into the room to prepare for the next scene. Y/n stared at the white mask before she snapped it onto her face and examined her reflection. "For Carter and Benji." She said under her breath, adjusting her coat.