34. 𝘐 𝘏𝘖𝘕𝘌𝘚𝘛𝘓𝘠 𝘋𝘖𝘕𝘛 𝘒𝘕𝘖𝘞 𝘏𝘖𝘞 𝘐 𝘒𝘌𝘌𝘗 𝘚𝘜𝘙𝘝𝘐𝘝𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘛𝘏𝘐𝘚

THE VILLAINS

"So humiliating the government using the people and shaming them into change?" Venom summarised, brushing her fingers through her black and white locks. "Precisely. They would never listen to me directly, they despise me. And I am by nature against violence." Y/n sighed. Venom let out a loud laugh, and even in the dim lighting her fangs shone brightly when the light reflected off of them. "They're lucky that you're against violence, or you would've been one of us. Or quite frankly worse. I can definitely see how you're related to villains."

Her remark made Y/n purse her lips. She didn't like her family being referred to as villains. Her father was the sweetest man alive, anything but a villain. And she didn't consider her uncle to be family so she hated when people associated her with him.

"I heard the villain who was killed by his brother a year ago was her dad." A voice whispered while Y/n walked through the halls of her prestigious middle school. "Yeah it's quite sad. His own brother?" "I mean what can you expect from villains." The young girl clutched her paper of future hero school options and turned to the voice. The whispering girl and her friend both gulped when Y/n walked to confront them.

"Excuse me, but my father was not a villain. He was the best father out there. And if you have something to say about me then say it to my face." Her voice was stern, and her hand was clutching the gossiping girl's shoulder in what looked like a friendly grip– which it wasn't, it was fairly painful. "Y-yeah of course. We're sure h-he was a great man." The squirming girl said, eyeing Y/n's hand on her shoulder. "Yes, yeah, very tragic what happened to him.." The girl's friend added.

But while training her quirk, Y/n also trained to control her emotions and has become significantly less violent than she was in middle school and throughout her time at the National Hero Academy. In fact, she learned to use her strong emotions in her favour to strengthen her quirk.

"I believe that true focus lies somewhere between rage and serenity. I can use my quirk to uh... help you. If you want, of course." Y/n, who thought she was alone on the large grass field, jumped. She turned towards the boy and tried to hide her back. Since she was wearing only a sports bra, her scars were very visible. She usually trained in the empty field to prepare herself for the upcoming entrance exam for N.H.A, she had a lot to catch up with since she got her quirk at 12 and would start hero school in a year at 15.

Y/n stared at the boy and examined him. Navy hair, striking large orange eyes, fairly short and a navy surgical mask that covered his mouth and matched his slicked back hair. She remembered him from school. "You're that one mind guy right? Chase..?" "Charlie." He corrected. "Right. Yeah. What are you doing here?" "I usually come here to read." "Minds?" "Books." They both smiled. "You have some hefty scarring on your back. It's cool." She raised her eyebrows at him. "You think so?" "Yeah."

"So do you want me to help?"

"Sure. Just don't make me buy you ice cream and use me as a servant."

"My quirk doesn't let me do that, I can only view your memories and thoughts and make them resurface. Besides, ice cream gives me brain freeze."

Y/n always recalled him fondly. He helped her shape herself into the woman she is today. And helped tremendously with her quirk control. She reminded herself to give him a visit when she goes back to the US. He works as a teacher at N.H.A, so it would be a nostalgic visit. Back to where we were. Now Y/n might've been bothered by Venom's remark, but she reminded herself that Venom didn't know any better, and that this was possibly her only chance at escaping so blowing it up by yelling at the woman in front of her is not an option.