26. 𝘊𝘖𝘓𝘋 𝘞𝘈𝘙

THE HEROES

"Who the fuck are all these people?" Whispered Bakugou, his red eyes scavenging the room for a familiar face with no avail. "Honestly? I don't know. I just remember them by country, except for the few who I'm close to. C'mon," Y/n linked her arm with his, dragging him away from the middle of the room to divert attention from them. He stumbled along, a little displeased with the fact that she was dragging him like a dog.

"Thank you." She smiled at the masked red haired servant, grabbing two glasses of champagne from him. "Why are they wearing masks?" Bakugou asked. "Easier to identify as servants." She responded while sniffing the glass in her hand. He gave her a confused look when she handed him his glass after smelling it. "What? Poison checking.." She shrugged, taking a sip of her own drink.

"You know for someone who jumps on bombs I didn't think you to be the overly cautious type." He smirked, making her shoot him a side glare. "I should've spat in your drink." Y/n murmured to herself. Bakugou let out a low chuckle, smiling at her with amusement in his eyes. "You wouldn't dare." He hummed in her ear. "Oh Midoriya here you are!" Y/n exclaimed suddenly, the heel of her red bottoms pressing harshly into Bakugou's foot making him gulp harshly.

The green haired man walked towards them with Todoroki not too far behind him. "See anything suspicious?" She asked. 'Why is she so worried..?' Bakugou pondered, staring at her nervous mannerisms while speaking to Midoriya. 'She's not usually this nervous even when a mission is high risk. This isn't even a mission.' The blond didn't even notice when Midoriya and Todoroki left, too busy with psychoanalysing the woman standing next to him.

"What's wrong with you?" He asked out of the blue, making her turn her head towards him, blinking slowly. "Excuse me?" Y/n asked, a hint of shock in her voice. "I mean, why are you on edge? There's nothing to worry about." He continued, trying to make himself clearer this time. "What are you talking abou? I'm perfectly fine.." She answered with a smile on her face, which didn't convince Bakugou at all. He set both of their drinks down on a table before taking Y/n outside.

His hand slid to her lower back and he led her away to an empty balcony. "Katsuki what are you doing-" "Be quiet." He commanded, catching her by surprise. "Listen, I know that the death of your mentor hit you hard. But you told me that you're ready to go back to your duties, so what's bothering you?" His tone was serious, but not angry. He wasn't angry with her, no, he was just worried about he- how this would affect their mission.

'Fucking hell..' Y/n felt guilty for hiding why she was so on edge and scaring Bakugou, but she couldn't tell him the truth. She didn't know how he'd react. Would he understand? Would he tell the commission? Would he shame her? Suddenly, the tiny weightless flash drive in her pocket felt like an anchor, pulling her down to the pit of despair. 'I'm going to kill Maneater when I see him..' She hissed to herself.

"You're right Katsuki. You're right." She sighed, he raised an eyebrow. "I don't think I've ever heard you say that one before." Y/n nudged him and continued. "It just feels like Maneater and his goons are everywhere nowadays. I'm just being paranoid. I'm sorry." "That one is very new." Y/n rolled her eyes, grabbing Bakugou by his forearm and dragging him back inside. He felt a little relieved now, but he was still not completely convinced.

But since he couldn't really do anything about it, he just went along. Y/n groaned, almost pulling Bakugou outside again when she saw a familiar white haired bitc- woman approach them as soon as they stepped back inside. "What, you finally got a boyfriend and now you can't get your hands off of him?" Irina smirked, her floor length blue dress swishing behind her as she strode towards the couple.