52. 𝘚𝘊𝘏𝘌𝘔𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘖𝘕 𝘔𝘠 𝘋𝘌𝘈𝘛𝘏 𝘉𝘌𝘋

"We'll take her from here Dynamight." The EMT's told him, loading her up in a helicopter to send her to the nearest medical facility. The cleanup team had gotten there too to take care of the media and the body. "C'mon Kacchan. We have to get to the hospital too." Midoriya said, snapping Katsuki out of his daze. He was staring at what used to be a villain that had once been feared.

"She did it." Mumbled Midoriya after they got in the helicopter and took off. Katsuki sat silently in front of him. He knew, he knew that this wasn't Y/n's goal. She wanted to help Maneater. He knew that he needed to be there for her when she woke up. He knew her well enough to know that she'd blame herself. And he knew that he would have too, and that she would've been there for him.

"I guess."

"Medically induced coma?" Katsuki's voice was hoarse when he talked to the doctor. "Yes. We're not sure for how long, but we need to keep an eye on her and fill her with nutrients and as much energy as we can. She released enough energy to power the entirety of New York city for 10 minutes. If she wakes up, we're expecting a full recovery-" "If?!" Katsuki repeated, eyes wide. "I-It's a fifty-fifty percent chance currently. We're slowly testing out to see if she can get enough energy to power her body on her own." The doctor stuttered, but it did not soothe Katsuki.

He glanced through the window behind the doctor where he could see Y/n surrounded by doctors and machines, with wires hooked on to almost every inch of her body. "..She'll recover fully if our treatment works, but we're afraid she might need to keep a quirk-and-heart monitor on her at all times. The release did quite the number on her heart, not to mention that she has broken some sort of barrier when it comes to her quirk." The doctor explained while Katsuki, Midoriya, Charlie and Benji all listened. "Barrier?" Asked Midoriya. She nodded.

"From what we know, Ms. L/n had a limit to the amount of energy she could absorb along with a limit to what she can release without completely draining herself enough to kill herself." "She'd usually pass out before she had the chance to drain herself completely." Benji added, the doctor nodded. "Yes. We had a few doctors who have expertise with quirks examine her and they deduced that she's going to need to train herself and get used to the new hurdles that come along with this quirk awakening, because if she loses control of her releases, her heart might stop again. And in the worst case scenario, no one will be there to restart it."

Heavy silence hung in the air. "She's gonna be pissed when she wakes up and hears that.." Charlie sighed, breaking the silence. Benji smiled and laughed a little. "I can already hear it. 'You're telling me I have to relearn all the shit I've already learned too late?' followed by grumbling about how she hates her stupid-" "-Late blooming useless quirk." Benji and Charlie both smiled sadly, they knew her too well. "Did she- was she awake before you put her out? Did she say anything?" Benji asked the doctor before she could leave. The doctor shook her head.

"No, the EMT's had to use defibrillators almost the entire helicopter ride to keep her going until she got here, but we did find some things in her hero suit when we got it off her. I think one of you should keep these for her?" The doctor took out two things from her pocket, one of them was some sort of USB, and the other was the flag pin that Katsuki had retrieved for her after she got kidnapped. The doctor handed them to Katsuki, who pocketed the pin and tossed the USB to Benji. "You know how to deal with this type of shit. I... I need to go take a walk."

"Mr. Bakugou I assure you that we'll try our best to keep her alive. She's the country's treasure." The doctor smiled, and Katsuki nodded. "..yeah." He said, his voice low. Midoriya watched as he left with a sad look in his eyes. "I'll be back." He muttered, walking off in the same direction. "I'm gonna go call Todoroki and update him on the situation. Will you be okay alone Benji?" Charlie asked, the blond nodded. "Yeah. I'll be fine." He assured. When Charlie left, the doctors that were inside with Y/n all spilled out of the room one by one, allowing Benji to roll his wheelchair inside and pause next to where her head layed.