40. 𝘑𝘜𝘋𝘈𝘚

'Steady breaths..' Y/n exhaled with her eyes closed, focusing on the silk that she was skillfully manoeuvring herself with. "Y/n?" A voice called out, echoing through the empty gym hall. "Yes?" Y/n answered the blond who entered the room. Katsuki stared with admiration and slight horror as Y/n spun herself on the silk and ended up hanging by her foot. She was face to face with him now, hers being upside down. "What the hell... Where did you learn this circus shit? And where did you find the equipment for it?"

After greeting him with an upside down kiss, she responded. "I remembered you telling me that the gym hall of your agency had equipment for almost every sport in its basement so I went searching and found myself a beautiful red silk hammock to relieve some stress. I started learning this 'circus shit' in preschool." She explained, giving him a lopsided smile. "You ever get stuck in that thing? Like just hanging from the ceiling?" He pondered, staring at the material. Y/n rolled her eyes, unravelling herself and landing on the cold floor under her. "No, not really. Here, feel it.." She prodded, handing him the soft material. "So what are you doing here?"

"I was on my way to your room to ask you if hitting Shigaraki was allowed, and I saw this letter addressed to you at the door. And since I mind my fucking business I decided to find you then ask you whats in it." Katsuki rambled while staring at the way the silk was hooked on to the ceiling. "I see.." Y/n sighed, opening the letter to read while Katsuki continued to fondle with the fabric. Her sudden frown caught her attention.

I have the USB with the security camera footage. Phantom wasn't able to decipher the footage so she thought you might notice something. Meet me in the parking lot.

C.

It's been two days since the accident, and the question of coincidence or betrayal lingered in the back of Y/n's mind. Finally, she's going to find out. "So? What is it?" He asked. Y/n stuffed the letter in her pocket and took a step towards him, capturing his lips with her own. He closed his eyes, forgetting the letter and its contents for a few seconds. "Nothing that you should worry about Katsu.." She purred with an intoxicating smile.

When he looked down to his hands, he frowned at the sight of his hands tied up together. "What the-" Before he could say or do anything, Y/n kicked the back of his shins, making him lose balance and fall to his knees with his hands tied and raised above his head. "Y/n!" Yelped Katsuki. "So sorry, I need to go change and handle something." She knelt down and placed an apologetic kiss onto his cheek before spinning on her heels and making her way out of the gym hall, leaving him entranced and shocked.

"I'll see you later. And if I don't I'll send someone to untie you! And don't burn the fabric, it's easy to untie if you use your brain! And no you can't hit my prisoner!" "Y/n don't you leave me here!" He shouted, but she had already walked out.

"Y/n! Get your ass back here you little minx!"

The soft taps of Y/n's heels were heard throughout the halls as she made her way to the underground parking lot. She squinted, spotting the tip of a red head of hair standing behind one of Katsuki's Jeep Wranglers. "Good afternoon Takahiro." She greeted, making him jump a little. "Jesus.. You're like a human fox.." He grumbled, itching the back of his neck nervously. Must be quite uncomfortable to stand in the den of a hero he's being hunted by. "I've heard snake or bitch before, fox is new. Where's the USB?"

She opened her hand to accept it, but he hesitated a bit, making her frown. "Wait.. We need to know your next move. We don't like going into shit blindsided, and we need to know how to act because if he finds out we're dead." Chain said. He sounded exhausted, and he looked the part too. His hair was unkempt, and he had dark circles under his red eyes. Y/n also noticed how his shirt was wrongly buttoned and he hadn't bothered to button up the last few buttons. He also had gum in his mouth, to cover up the smell of alcohol that accumulated after a couple of rough, sleepless nights.