46. 𝘖𝘕𝘊𝘌 𝘜𝘗𝘖𝘕 𝘈 𝘋𝘙𝘌𝘈𝘔

As soon as Maneater caught a glimpse of her lips moving, his vision turned dark again. The quirk took effect and seconds later, he woke up on a comfortable chair unlike the one he was just strapped to. He looked around the fully white room before his gaze trailed back to Y/n, who was sitting in front of him with a notebook. She wore a white button up, a beige pencil skirt and black pumps, along with reading glasses that sat on the tip of her nose. Her legs were crossed to the side and she was smiling at him. He examined himself, finding himself to be in a white shirt and pants, his suit gone.

"Wh.." "We're in your head this time. Doesn't it feel nice for a change?" She spoke. Y/n flipped open the notebook. "You wouldn't.. Mind a trip down memory lane by any chance..?" She asked. Maneater shivered at the familiarity of the situation. He didn't like the fact that he's the one playing patient in this game though. He hated being a patient. "Let's read through this little book, shall we?" She sighed, flipping to the first page. "So, Maneater. Or would Shinjiro Kiga be more familiar to you?" He jolted when he heard his name uttered from her lips.

"How did you..." Maneater croaked. She's never seen him this vulnerable before. It was unsettling to see a man who had hurt you in so many ways tremble in front of you. "Your... friends.. They're my friends too y'know.." He shook his head. "No. No they-" "You're not the only one who had spies in their midst, Shinjiro." She gave him a look of pity when his gaze turned hateful. "How could they... No. No no. They didn't do this. They wouldn't. Haruki.. He- no he can't, he hates you he- he wouldn't... sweet Reia couldn't have, she knows better.. Shiro.. she would die before she'd..." He babbled, his bony pale hands pulling at his hair.

"Shinjiro please, calm down. Your friends aren't corrupted by anyone. They just wanted the best for you. I helped them, and they told me that they'd let me out if I helped you-" "They let you out?!" "Yes! And I'm here to help you." Y/n tried to reassure him, but he whipped his head up with a terrified look in his eyes. "Shut up! No.. no.. no no no no no... No one can help me.. They said that.. They didn't help, they didn't, they just locked me up! Like I'm crazy! I'm not crazy!" Y/n was taken by surprise, but she gathered her courage and continued flipping through the book. "By 'them', do you mean the Danger-Quirk branch of the commission?" She asked, he gave her a dirty look.

"Hm. I see. So you got your quirk at the age of 6, that's pretty average. A little late, but I can't say anything, I took longer." She laughed quietly. He only glared. His looks made her nervous, but she kept reminding herself that she's the one in charge. "Ah, I see. Your parents were concerned about your cannibalistic tendencies after you got your quirk... I can see from your memories, what a kind woman your mother was-" "No she wasn't. I told her. I told her they were treating me like I was crazy. She never took me seriously! No one did!" His voice was pained, and it made Y/n feel a slight pity towards him.

"Is that why you killed your parents, Shinjiro?"

"Mom! Mommy please don't let them take me back! I'm not crazy mom! I promise! I won't do it again I swear!" The kid screamed while being dragged away. The doors shut behind him, and his mother could only sob in his father's chest, unable to do anything to help him. "Follow me ma'am. We assure you this treatment will bring your son back to who he was before his gruesome changes." One of the workers urged, leading the grieving parents away. "We'll take care of him..."

"Mom! Dad! Help me! Please! I'm not crazy!"

He didn't respond. Y/n let out a shaky breath and looked down at the notebook. "It says that you were held in a sensory deprivation cell for a long period of time..." Maneater shivered at the thought of those pillowy white walls. Suffocating. Silent. "Oh wow.. For years at a time. I'm sure that was terrifying.." Her voice was muffled to his ears. He only stared– no, glared– forwards.