Hope

Your P.O.V
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The fight just went on and on...

I'm not sure how to explain it, I guess like a fighting/action game. The waves of enemies just kept coming and coming. Currently our defenses were being pushed back. We couldn't hold them, no matter how hard we tried. There just wasn't enough demigods. Some of them are ready to call it quits and give up, I don't blame them. Our odds of winning aren't great and we've already lost some of our great fighters, Silena, Valerie, and Michael.

A shiver is sent down my spine the second I think of them, they didn't deserve to die this young. I take a quick look around my fellow demigods, none of them deserve to die. I snap out of my thoughts as an enemy demigod swings his sword at me. "Stop!" I command and he slowly puts his sword down. I run away from him and join Will in the hotel, healing as fast as he could. He seemed like he was about to faint.

"T-this is really tiring," he said between breaths. I quickly go to the next camper and begin to give her bits of ambrosia. My traveling eyes began to wonder around the room and suddenly it seemed like time stopped.

Why are so many sacrificing everything? Our home is falling apart, and it seems pointless now. But I look down to the girl in front of me, something missing from everyone else was visible in her eyes. Maybe it was hope. Hope that we can save everyone, hope that we can make things right. Hope that she will survive. Hope that maybe she could go back to her home and be happy once again. Even the smallest possibility that everything would work out, was what she hoped for.

This hope that she has might be enough to get me, to get us all through this. That sparkle you see in a man's eye when his wife is pregnant. Even the sparkle in someones eye when someone might get a promotion, that little sliver of hope. The only thing keeping us standing, hope that our camp will survive. Maybe even hope to see our parents one last time, that hope is what we all keep fighting for.

Most half-blood campers found them self back into the hotel for cover, this is where I take my part in this. I pull a chair to the middle of the room and stand on it. "Campers!" I yell for their attention. "This war is fought with almost no motivation. We've all lost our motives for this battle," I look around and notice all eyes on me. "All we have left is hope! Hope that we can recover after this and go home, hope that we can all see Camp Half-Blood one last time, maybe even hope that our fellow warriors will not die in vain. We must stand as a family! Hope will hold us upright in this battle for our family. Who's with me?!"

Cheers from all the people in the room filled my ears, again it was visible. The hope I saw in that girl's eyes was all around the room this time. I might of just made a difference in this battle. Maybe this was my point in life, "Let's go fight for our home!" The roaring cheer filled the room once again and they all charged outside. We fought more furious than ever, pushing forward by a foot. The extraordinary sight of us all working together, bounded by one of the few forces stronger than fear. If hope can carry us this far, then anything could be possible.

The enemies fell back, and no one really noticed how suspicious it was except for a few including me. I look and spot Percy with Thalia, Annabeth, and Grover running towards the Empire State Building. I followed, my boyfriend goes, I make sure he doesn't do something stupid. Seemed like a good idea, until we finally got there. "_____! Your not supposed to be here!" Percy yelled at me. I waved him off, "I'm here and you're not going to stop me." He looks at me dead in the eyes, "_____, I don't want you going."

"Your not in charge of me, I am going."

Percy starts to get angry, "_____! You're staying here. No more arguing." I sigh I really didn't want to do this... "Percy, you are going to let me go with you guys, if you like it or not." I look to my boyfriend and wait for his response. "Okay." My eyes widen in shock, the charmspeak actually got to him. Annabeth speaks to the front desk man and we wait for the elevator to come down. I glance to Thalia and she gives me a reassuring smile, as if to say 'I don't blame you for using charmspeak on your boyfriend.' Even if she didn't find me guilty, I thought of myself as a horrible girlfriend.

The elevator door opens and I glance to Percy, just staring ahead. He couldn't even look me in the eyes. I look to the floor and follow Grover into the elevator, who smiles reassuringly at me. I smile back and suddenly the floor became even more interesting. I didn't even dare to look at Annabeth, there's no doubt she's angry at me too.

The ride seemed to last forever, giving more time to think. Thinking brought back that one dream, I had it twice and there's not a single cell in my brain telling me it didn't mean anything. My face turns white, what if it's true? I start to shake slightly, causing Grover to look at me worriedly. He looks to Percy and back to me. I glance to Percy who still refuses to look at me. I sigh, I guess he really is that mad at me.

The ride seems to be lasting forever, at least until now. The doors open and I take in one last deep breath. "This is where we get off," Annabeth spoke up. I take the first step into what might be hell itself.

A/N WELL THAT WAS FUN. Writing that speech got to me, I don't know if it did the same to you. I hope you all enjoyed it! I know no one reads these but I'm going to California on Friday and I'll be back Sunday. I probably won't be able to update. (Not like I was good at that anyways...) That's it, sorry it took so long. I was trying to write but writers block came up because I wanted to make this a somewhat long chapter. Two more chapters and I guess this is the end... See you next chapter! ~Jewels