Battle Trial Arc: Chapter 9

"Your indoor combat training is over." All Might announced.

The announcement would wake up Tenya and Katsuki, noticing that they had lost the match. 

Ochaco and Izuku were talking with each other as they also heard the announcement. 

"The hero team...WINS!" All Might said through the microphone.

The students gasped. 

"What a weird way for this to end." Denki said as he looked at the screen.

"The winners are untouched, but it was Midoriya that did most of the work." He said, rubbing his head. 

"This class is definitely intense." Tsuyu said, still looking at the screen.

...

Izuku and Ochaco were on their way out of the building where All Might was waiting. Katsuki and Tenya both were following them, looking down that they lost. 

"My attacks...Deku predicted all of them...he made me look like an idiot...his strength...his speed...his agility, everything was on point...And somehow managed to win the exercise...despite me pulling off everything that I could muster...How..." Katsuki was breathing heavily.

All Might walked over to Katsuki and put his hand on his shoulder. Ochaco and Tenya noticed this and watched from a distance. Izuku knew what Katsuki was going through, but he felt as if he deserved it for everything he did to him, so he ignored it. 

"Cool your jets, Young Bakugou. Let's go review your work. Whether you win or lose, you can always take something away from an experience like this. As long as you're open to learning." All Might said, trying to reassure Bakugou's frustration.

...

"Well, despite the results. The MVP of this exercise is Young Iida!" All Might said.

The students gasped, clearly in shock. Tenya looked at All Might, surprised. 

"Shouldn't it be one of the heroes instead, since they're the winners? Midoriya should have gotten the title since he did win all on his own." Tsuyu said.

"Mm! Valid question. Why didn't I choose one of those two? Who has a guess?" All Might asked, raising his finger.

Momo raised her hand. "Sir, I can tell you why."

"Iida embraced this challenge. He was the only one who truly adapted to his assigned role. I'll explain. Bakugou's judgment was clouded by a personal grudge against Midoriya. As you pointed out earlier, launching a large-scale attack indoors was a foolish move, despite it not actually hurting anyone in the process. Now, as to why Midoriya isn't the MVP, he wasted time. Despite him having the upper hand in the situation, he chose to wait. Izuku realized that this was a teamwork exercise so he held back, but sometimes in these kinds of situations, you cannot afford to wait. It's not smart. As for Uraraka...She let her guard down mid-battle by allowing Iida to quickly move the payload somewhere else. Iida was fully prepared for his opponent's arrival. He had a strategy and never lost sight of his mission, despite letting Midoriya get the jump on him, but it's not exactly his fault since Izuku's speed is unrivaled at the moment. Technically, the hero team won, yes, but they took advantage of the fact that this was training. They didn't respect the spirit of the trial." Momo clearly made her point. 

"Wow, this girl clearly is observant. I admit...she's not wrong about any of her points." Izuku said in his head, rubbing his head while looking down. He then looked back up to face All Might.

"This girl has a really good eye on her." All Might said in his head.

"Yes...Well, you overlooked a few things. Young Iida could have relaxed a little bit in the exercise, and Young Midoriya did hold back to help give Ochaco some credit by stopping the fake dummy before the timer ran out, but otherwise, you nailed it."
All Might said, putting a thumbs up at Momo. 

"One should always start with the basics and devote themselves wholeheartedly to learning. That's the only real way to become a top hero." Momo advised the rest of her class. 

"Man, she's gonna regret those words if she falls in love with someone or gets distracted by other...adolescence things." Izuku chuckled in his mind, thinking about all the possibilities.

The other students clearly were remarked by how smart and observant Momo was. Izuku wasn't surprised since she was perceptive compared to the others as the rest of the students were looking at her with awe.

"Now then, time to blow this joint! Let's move on with the next match! Think about everything we saw and discussed as you tackle this training for yourself." All Might stated.

"Yes, sir!" The students exclaimed. Katsuki was the only one who didn't respond, as he was still shocked that Izuku still managed to beat him.

"Match two! Team B will be our heroes! And Team I will be the villains!" All Might exclaimed on the announcement.

"Look alive kids! Show us you're the embodiment of good. Or evil! Let's go!" All Might said as the timer rang in response, indicating the match had started.

...

One of the members of Team B would begin to use his multiple tentacle to his advantage, using a tentacle to form into a ear to listen for the members of Team I. His name was Mezo Shoji. His Quirk was Dupli Arms: He can replicate different body parts on the tips of his tentacles.

The other member would walk in.

Mezo would turn the tentacle into a mouth. "One's in the hall on the north side of the fourth floor. And I believe the other's on the same level somewhere. Both are barefooted. I bet the invisible one plans to sneak up and surprise us."

"For your own safety, go outside." The other member stated. Mezo seemed confused.