Why didn't the wolf kill me? Chapter 29

I decided to make this story a little longer then expected and merge two stories into one otherwise this story would feel a little incomplete, What do you think? If you want them as two separate stories then I'll stick to the original plan but if you want them as one long story then I'll make it into one long story, I don't really plan these chapters ahead so it wouldn't be to difficult in doing so :) x

____________________________________________________________________________

I hadn't been able to sleep that night, the thought of Rick being alone out there even when the wolf came out she didn't seem to have the strength to fight against it and find him, she was to heartbroken. I sighed before getting out of bed the last time, it was morning and I really needed to get up and stretch my muscles.

Cindy had stopped over night and was in one of the spare rooms with Dan, I combed my fingers through my knotted hair and looked at myself in the mirror. I laughed weakly at the person staring back at me, dark circles just under her eyes and hair that looked like a birds nest, I looked as if I was a business woman in her mid 40's who got home late and didn't have time to sleep.

I splashed my face with water, the cool liquid seemed to wash away some of my troubles, I then stripped and got in the shower to relax my muscles.

The shower didn't do much and I felt really groggy, I changed into a pair of my many jeans and put on a loose fitting T-shirt I really couldn't be bothered this morning.

I stretched before going downstairs to the kitchen, I could smell somebody cooking breakfast, it made my mouth water just thinking about the food.

I walked into the kitchen to see Zach and Olivia covered in flour trying to control themselves from having giggling fits, what confused me was that they didn't need flour with what they were cooking, I raised an eyebrow at them and Olivia blushed.

Then Zach cracked an egg over her head and she sprung into action, she found a bottle of milk and poured it over his head, and so began their -probably 2nd- food fight.

I sighed and watched them in amusement, they so like each other, I felt as if I was intruding on their moment so left them to it, I walked into the living room to see the girl just staring at the blank screen.

"You know if you want to watch TV all you have to do is trun on the screen?", my comment seemed to startle her as she jumped a little before turning to me smiling "sorry I was just thinking", she said, I nodded then sat next to her.

"So you never told me, what is your name?", I asked curiously "my name doesn't really matter at this point", she said still smiling, it was really creepy "I'm going to need to know your name so I don't keep calling you the girl", I reasoned with her, she seemed to think about this then she nodded her head at me as if deciding something in her head.

"My name is, well I'm not to sure myself I have many names so you could decide for me or we could use the first name I was called", I thought about this and said "what was the first name you had?", she smiled, again what is with the smiling, and replied "I was first named Crystal".

I smiled at her, her smile is seriously contagious, and nodded at her "then I'll call you Crystal", when our little discussion was over everyone seemed to walk into the room Olivia was the last, she had egg yoke dripping from her hair and her face was covered in flour Zach looked just as bad it looked as if someone had attempted to make bread dough on his head.

I looked at them admiringly, they were so sweet together but Cindy gave them a look of disgust, who is she to judge their happiness? I let it go and studied everyone around the room.

Dan looked uncomfortable, probably still trying to get accustomed to the idea of being a murderer while stilling having consciousness so having no excuse in doing so. I don't think he likes being a vampire very much he seems to be in denial, Zach and Olivia looked happy but confused, they seemed to not understand how they were feeling toward each other, it's really unusual for two nephilims to be in love.

And Crystal was just smiling but was staring off into the distance as if in deep thought about something, I wonder why all these creatures are searching for her she doesn't seem to dangerous really, more happy then anything, though most of the time she seemed emotionless trying to hide something from us.

I stood up feeling the need to run, I hope Rick's okay if he didn't come home last night something bad probably happened or he was so upset he didn't want to return. I felt sad at that thought I loved him and I did honestly forgive him I just didn't believe the story he told me.

I stripped from my clothes and placed them to the side before shifting and heading toward the wood, I needed time to think about things, I remember Rick showing me this place he goes to think or when he's upset, I guess it'd help me right now to be somewhere he loves.

I followed the trail of footprints we left the other night, I could tell they were ours because of the scent it wasn't strong but it was still there. It lead me to the bushes and I struggled through to reach the cliff that some how made me feel safe.

It was empty though I'd hoped Rick was here though he was not, I shifted back to a human and lent against a nearby rock, I hugged my knees to my chest and cried when did life become this complicated, I missed my un-caring mother, I missed my life as a human when making my way through a wood or catching a fox was practically impossible to do without hurting myself or being tired out.

I missed everything before all this, but without it I wouldn't have met Rick or Dan or Olivia or Zach or Crystal or anyone I knew now, I wouldn't be able to experience the joys of being a wolf and see the fun in life I saw now.

I brought my head up and smiled, smiled at the thought of everyone I love now, I shifted back and walked through the wood instead of running. I caught scent of another wolf near by, no two wolves nearby I smiled and walked towards the smell.

Their in the middle of an opening was Rick's wolf fighting an ordinary wolf, Rick obviously winning 'you know it's classed as cheating if you're 10 times as big as the wolf you're attacking?' I said to him telepathically his wolf seemed startled as he searched for me letting the small wolf escape.

I stepped out from my hiding place and as soon as he saw me he raced toward me, 'I forgive you', I said before shifting to human he smiled and did the same "You mean it?", he asked unsure I nodded my head smiling.

His whole face seemed to brighten "you know you look like shit don't you?", he said I glared at him and smacked him playfully.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into a kiss it was soft and sweet but meant so much to him, I had my Rick back :).

_____________________________________________________________________________

It would have been longer but I'm really tired and I have to wake up really early tomorrow so I'll upload as soon as I can I hope you liked the chapter :D x