Why didn't the wolf kill me? Chapter 4

Here's the next chapter, sorry it's been a while since last upload but hope you like this one

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The snarls and growls, not to mention the constant thudding of paws made it hard to fall asleep, the wolf just couldn't keep quiet for 1 second on it's constant hunt for food.

You'd think it'd be quieter to surprise its prey, but no, it finds it best to thud around the house making as much noise as possible. Then again, if your prey is both human and a teenager, when you are the strongest monster, I guess subtlety isn't all that important.

After trying to get to sleep for another 5 minutes I finally gave up. At this point I heard the wolf stop just outside the door. I could hear it sniffing at the door taking in my scent.

Suddenly there was a bang at the door then several scratches, the wolf had found me and it was trying to get me, to feed on me and knowing the wolf it would be starving. Since it never stopped thumping around the house, it hadn't found food, making me the first 'food' it had found to eat in hours.

As one paw crashed through the door I could see my life flash before my eyes, has it really been that boring and uneventful, wait why am I thinking about that, there's a rampaging wolf at the door trying desperately to get in and eat me, I shouldn't be thinking about how boring and uneventful my life has been.

Though I think these past two days have been pretty eventful, anyway back to the wolf. With one more strike the door was broken to pieces and the wolf had entered the room. It snarled towards me and got into fighting, stance. I might as well see my murderer. He had smooth black fur, though this creature looked like a wolf, he had aspects of a man, his front paws looking a little more like hands, though still coated in fur, and his muzzle was a lot shorter than expected on a wolf, he still had his emerald green eyes that I somehow still managed to get lost in whilst he was about to kill me.

But the wolf did something strange that seemed to confuse me, it stopped snarling and stood up straight the vicious eyes it once had, were now kind. It bowed it's head toward me and started nuzzling my hand, so I did what any person would do if a massive dog nuzzled at your hand, I stroked his head and heard him purr beneath my hand.

He lifted his head and laid down beside me, I rested my head in his fur listening to his steady heartbeat before falling to sleep.

(the next morning)

I woke up on something warm but not soft like my pillow, what was I laying on? I lifted my head to see Rick who thankfully had a quilt covering his lower half, then the events of last night hit me like a ton of bricks; how the wolf had found but didn't kill me and how I covered its lower half with a quilt so I wouldn't have any unexpected surprises in the morning as soon as I opened my eyes.

I looked towards his face as he fluttered his eyes open looking confused as he saw me and himself laying under a quilt. "How?..what?...?" He began obviously confused as to why he was here, I thought he should know because he might be able to explain all this to me,"The wolf found me last night and smashed through the door b-", "How are you still alive", he interrupted "let me finish, any way, when he found me he was about to kill me but when I looked into his eyes and he suddenly stopped and got me to stroke it's head before laying behind me when I put the quilt on it's lower half so I wouldn't see your little friend again then rested my head on him so here we are, do you know why it did that?", I said in one breath. At first he looked shocked then confused then I could see a look of realisation hit his face.

"You're mine", Rick breathed "excuse me but I don't belong to anyone but myself", he shook his head at this, before saying it again but adding something else to the end "you're mine, my mate, you belong with me", " don't I get a say in this mister you're-my-mate, because I think I should decide who I belong to, wait what is a mate?", I questioned him, but he just stood up holding the quilt around his waist and left me sitting there puzzled.

What a strange strange boy, what does he mean mate. I got up and left the 'hiding' place to go to my room and change obviously after taking a shower.

When I finished I went down to the kitchen for some breakfast and the meal was awkward with him staring at me like that.

"What do you mean I'm your mate?", I finally asked, the question had been bugging me a while now. He just looked at me, staring into my soul before he finally answered me "when in wolf form, the wolf will choose who it wants to be with. Instead of killing that person, or other werewolf in most cases, it shows kindness meaning that you now belong to it like it now belongs to you", after he finished he scanned my face for something anything.

"WHAT???", I finally screamed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So what do you think, I'm sorry again for the wait for this chapter hope you can forgive me