Ventuno

Dante P

Dante P.O.V.

Is love at first sight real?

Did I fall in love on the first day I saw her?

Since that first morning, I can't stop thinking about her, first, it was the attraction with her body, her body drives me crazy, with our without clothes on. But as the days went by, I notice little things like she is a very calm person even in the worst tantrums of Lorenzo. Then there was the way she looked at people, without judgment, doesn't matter what the person looks like or does for a living she doesn't care, she's compassionate, diligent, frank, and courageous.

Isabella is special, with everything she went through she could've ended up in a very bad place, but no, she did things, saw things, and still has her soul intact.

Seeing her in that hospital bed is crushing my heart, two days have passed since we got her back and she didn't wake up yet. Emilia and Lorenzo got out of the bunker and came to see her and I saw tears in his eyes, that broke, even more, my heart.

The doctor told me about all her wounds and even though her back looked the worst he told me that the worst was her wrists, they punctured her wrists with something and were getting infected, probably one of her first injuries.

Giordani and his guys are downstairs locked up, with no food, no water, and no light. I'll wait for Isabella I want to know what they did to her so I can do worst.

Here I am, on a chair next to her, my hand holding hers and Lorenzo sleeping on my lap. How did she do this? How did she in so little time, make us fall for her?

I felt her fingers twitch, that made me jolt up ending waking up my son.

"Papà, what's wrong?" He asked me with a sleepy voice.

"Nothing figlio{son}, sorry go back to sleep." Maybe it was my imagination.

"Dante?" She whispered, OH MY FUCKING GOD, SHE WHISPERED.

"Isabella? Hold on baby girl I'm calling the doctor." I sat Lorenzo on my chair and went to call the doctor.

"Dante? Where am I?"

" We got you out of there bella, you're safe now, you're home."

"Hi, Isabella I missed you." Said Lorenzo grabbing her hand.

"Oh, piccolo I missed you too." She said, patting her side so he could climb next to her.

Lorenzo sat beside her, her eyes still closed but at least she was awake.

"How are you feeling Isabella?" The doctor asked after he walked to the side of her bed.

"Well, I'm... Lorenzo why won't you play with aunty and come see me later with her, piccolo ragazzo?" She asked Lorenzo. He nodded his head and went running to Emilia.

"So now tell me how are you?" Doc asked again.

"I feel like I was tortured until my breaking point, but the pain is much less than before. What happened? How did you find them?" She asked me.

"Actually bella you kinda saved yourself."

"How? I didn't do anything."

"Yes you did, you called me, somehow they forgot that after a few minutes we could track back the call. It took us a while it didn't give the house number, but close enough, we found you that's what matters. I'm so sorry for not coming sooner."

"It's okay Dante, I'm out now, that Rafaello is really stupid, I thought they would control the signal and all, talking about him, where is he? Last I remember he was in the room with the old man and another guy."

"The three of them are in the cells. I wanted to talk to you, know what they did and told you."

"They didn't tell me anything, just that they took me because they thought I was important for you and that I wouldn't get out alive." Yes, they got one thing right she's very important to me.

"Look, Dante, usually I wouldn't ask this but if you don't mind I would like to take care of Rafaello, give him the same treatment he gave me."  How can I refuse her request? I saw what he did to her and for no reason.

"It's fine for me, but first get better, va bene?"

", soooo...about the call, I'm..." She started to say but I stopped her.

"If I remember right I had something that I wanted to say when you were with me." I said and I felt my cheeks heat up. What the fuck? Am I blushing? What is she doing to me?

"And that was...?" She asked.

"The response to what you said to me, Isabella i... You mean a lot to me too and for sure I'm falling for you to and I'm falling deep as fuck." I said in one breath. The room was silent for a few seconds but then, she talked.

"Come here, Dante." I took a few steps closer to her.

"Sì bella?" I was now right beside her bed.

"Closer." She said, and I leaned closer to her, she lifted her arms, Gran my shirt, and pulled me to her lips.

We kissed, we kissed with passion, she showed me what her feelings were and I showed mine and was the fucking best kiss of my life.

"And you're very important to me bella, I'm really sorry they got you because of me."

"Don't blame yourself, Dante, I don't blame you, it happened, but now I'm here, okay? Can you stay here with me? I know I look like a mummy but..." Yes, she looked like a mummy her arms and torso were wrapped with bandages.

"Yes, I'll stay with you bella. Even if you look like a mummy." We laugh a little and carefully lay down next to her.

We stayed there not saying anything just in each other's company, I heard her light snores, and then I fell asleep too.

----------------

A/n

Hi readers, how are you?

What do you think about the book?

I know I'm not the best writer but I'm trying!

Please vote, comment, and share if you can.

Thank you!! 💞