Diciassette

Isabella P

Isabella P.O.V.

The fourth day is rising. Four days since I last saw the sky, it doesn't look much but when you see it every day you kinda get used to it, and now...well now I would give everything just to see the sky.
The probability of me dying here is bigger and bigger every day, if I don't die from the torture, it will be from lack of water or from some infection in my wounds.

The blood from my wound stopped dripping is that good or bad? The color of my skin is a mixture between white and all kind of purple from bruises. Deep down I know that Dante is looking for me but will he be here on time? Can I hold on until then?

What they are doing to me is pure fun, they're enjoying my suffering. They know that I don't have any kind of information to give to them so they are just passing time. I don't know what time it is, I know that the day is starting because of the little light that I can see from a covered window.

All I do here while I'm not being beaten is think. Did I have a good life? Would my parents be proud of me? Dante and me, did we have a future? İ have a million questions and million 'what-ifs', these thoughts make me more exhausted than the pain in my body.
I miss my parents, I miss Lorenzo and Emilia, even Luca that I don't know very well but who was friendly to me, and of course, I miss Dante, his eyes, his cheeks, his jaw with that 5 o'clock shadow, his lips, I miss his touch. İ don't blame him for this, it's not his fault that this old man is greedy.

What about my favor? He owns me one, maybe I have the right to one last call, after all, I'm dying here anyway, it's what Rafaello always says.

"RAFAELLO, RAFAELLO COME HERE!" İ shout for him.

"What do you want nanny?" Four days I've been here and he still doesn't call my name.

"İ want a phone call."

"What?"

"You heard me, I want to make a phone call, you say I will die here, well today I agree with you. So let me make a call? ?"

"To who?"

"Dante."

"İ don't think that is a good idea."

"Why? İ can't tell him where I am because I don't know, I just want to say my goodbyes."

"Give me a minute I'll get his number." He said and got out, that was easier than I thought. Five minutes later he's back with his phone in hand.

"Here, I'll give you five minutes. I'm right outside the door so I'll hear everything."

He made the call, put it on speaker, and closed the door.

Ring, ring...

"Sí?" İ hear him say, just the sound of his voice, calms all the nerves in my body.

"Hi, Dante."

"Isabella? İs that you? Where are you? How are you? Did they hurt you?"

"Shh, I don't have much time. İ don't know where I am Dante, and I'm holding on. Look i...I just wanted to say I miss you."

"What's going on bella? Why are you calling and why does it feel like you are saying goodbye?"

"Because I am Dante, now you listen, I know we didn't have much time together but I hope that I meant something to you because you did to me. İ just wanted you to know that I was falling for you Dante and now I don't know what's going to happen so i...yeah."

"Isabella now you listen to me, I don't know what condition you are in, but I will find you so you hold on and save those things to say to me when we're together. I've things to say to you too but I'll only say it when you're with me because Isabella İ WİLL FİND YOU."

"Remember the favor you owe me?"

"Wrap it up, nanny." Rafaello warns me.

"What about it bella?" Dante asked me.

"İf I don't get out of here, don't blame yourself, Dante, I don't blame you."

"YOU WİLL GET OUT OF THERE." He shouted through the phone.

"Time is up nanny." Rafaello said and hung up.

Tears are running down my face, I know he'll do anything to find me, but the week is almost over. I have hope but also have to be realistic. İ asked him to not blame himself because I know he would, I know Dante, he has a heart a big one and he cares for me, so if I die here in the hand of people that just wanted to affect him, he will blame himself.

Life is funny, one day you're happy and have everything you want and in a flash, you don't have anything, we take things for granted. İf I wasn't honest before I have to be now that these are my final thoughts, I had everything, money, skills, a job I loved, and was falling in love what more could I ask? But look at me now money can't buy me out of here, my skills can't help when I'm tired and weak, I won't work anymore, and the falling in love part? Well, at least I had the chance to, even if was only for a short amount of time.

How do we welcome death? İ don't want to die, but everything is against me. İ can feel my life ending with every hour that passes, I am trying to hold on with everything that I have in me. But is it worth it? What are the chances that I really will get out of here?

Please vote ⭐ and comment 💬
Thank you