~7~

It was the day of the funeral, Sophia wore her black dress and had her hair down.

She stood by Charlie and his mother during the whole thing

She stood by Charlie and his mother during the whole thing. All the ducks and some people who knew Hans were standing around his coffin.

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil. For Thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory, forever and ever, amen." Everyone said.

Sophia saw that her father showed up. She looked at Charlie and he looked at Coach. Bombay walked through the crowd, "Excuse me, one second." he said to the priest. He then looked at all the Ducks and showed them their first ever Ducks jersey with Hans name on the back. Sophia's eyes watered some more while he placed it on the coffin, "Every time you touch the ice, remember it was Hans who taught us to fly."

Charlie looked at him then walked away from the funeral. Sophia looked at Casey and nodded, going after Charlie. She called him and he stopped staring at the water.

"Char, I know how you feel."

He turned around and pulled her into a hug. She put her arms around his neck and he put his around her waist. He started crying in the crock of her neck. She started to rub his back in comfort.

"I didn't even get to say goodbye. I was so mad at Coach Orion." he said.

"Charlie, I didn't even say a goodbye to him. I was at the game and I came home to see him with his eyes close not breathing."

"What's going to happen to you? Do you have to move out?"

She sighed, "I think I might have to move in with my dad."

He looked at her, "Come on, let's go to my house."

They went to his apartment and sat on Charlie's bed. He was laying his head on Sophia's chest while she played with his hair to comfort him. They talked about all the memories they had with Hans and how he would always trick Charlie into thinking he cut his finger. It was now almost 10 and Sophia had to go home and pack. She got up but Charlie grabbed her hand.

"Please don't go. I don't want you to be alone at your house."

She sighed and looked at the ground, "Char, I don't have any other clothes. I'm still in my dress."

"You can wear a pair of my sweatpants and one of my hockey hoodies."

She nodded and Charlie got up and got her a pair of clean sweats and a clean hoodie. She went into the bathroom to change. She smiled at how he gave her a ducks jersey. She walked out to see Charlie in his pjs. A white shirt and shorts. She smiled and sat on his bed. He put her under the covers and hugged her, making sure she didn't leave his side. Sophia thought it was sweet that he didn't want her to go and knew he didn't want to be alone during today. He buried his face in the crock of her neck. They barely fit on his twin size bed but they don't care.