~D3: 1~

A crowd was cheering for them. The Mighty Ducks were all standing behind a podium at Eden Hall, a school that Sophia's dad went to. They all got athletic scholarships. Sophia thought it was cool that even though she's the team manager and doesn't play hockey. She gets to be Eden Hall's JV team manager and she was happy with that. Sophia was standing next to Charlie, smiling like crazy. People were cheering for them. The headmaster was at the front talking, "Please welcome to the podium...the head coach and leader of the Mighty Ducks, Gordon Bombay."

Everyone applauded while he went to stand behind the podium, "Thank you. It's a great honor to be here today... to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. Sure, they can be a little rambunctious. They've run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks." everyone laughed, "I still haven't forgotten about those eggs. But I hung in there, and they hung in there for me. We became the Quack Attack, the Flying "V" and the Bash Brothers. I've never had a better time. These kids are winners, each and every one of them. But more than that, these are good people. I hope that they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. Now I hand you over to the capable hands... of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster...of Eden Hall, Dean Buckley." He stepped back so Dean could go up to the podium. The crowd applauded again.

"Gordon Bombay has a lot to be proud of. We are happy to welcome the Ducks... to our great educational institution. So, today it gives me great pleasure to award you... these full athletic scholarships to the Eden Hall Academy... where we hope the Ducks will be happy Warriors and lead us on to glory....and divisional championships."

Everyone started cheering. Sophia saw that her dad was talking to Charlie's mom. She knew what he was doing. He told Sophia that he isn't going to be head coaching this year and be the director of player personnel. He hasn't told Charlie yet and she was guessing that now he is going to tell him. He took him down by the pond. Sophia stood next to a tree to watch. Charlie wasn't happy and walked away. Sophia looked at her dad and then went after Charlie.

"Char!"

He stopped, "Fifi, what's up."

She looked down at her hands, "I know how you feel. I don't want him to leave either but-"

"Sophia, it will be hard because this new coach doesn't know anything about us and he probably wouldn't let us have fun like Coach did." He cut her off.

She sighed and pulled him into a hug. He dug his face into her neck while she rubbed his back to comfort him, "Hey, at least you still have me. I'm not leaving."

He looked up at her, "I'm glad you're my best friend."

She smiled, "I'm glad that I have to be stuck with you with the rest of my life. Now, let's go home."

He smiled and put an arm around her shoulder, going to drop her off then he would go back to his house to get ready for the first day of school tomorrow.

The next day, Sophia wore something she thought she would never wear. A jean skirt, black top and a flannel over it.

 A jean skirt, black top and a flannel over it