~8~

Sophia leaned on Charlie and kept dozing off from tiredness. Ms. Mackay was trying to teach but all her students were falling asleep on her. Sophia couldn't even keep her eyes open. Ms. Mackay ended class early and told them not to go to practice and have a day off so they could rest. Sophia went back to her dorm and slept the whole time till Charlie knocked on her door, telling her and the girls that the team was going to the field to stretch. Sophia, Connie, and Julie put their U.S.A. gear on and headed down to the field. They were doing some stretches, Portman leading.

"And hold, two, three-" he counted.

"Coach isn't here. Why do we have to be?" Sophia asked.

"We have a game tonight. We have to work out." Portman responded.

"I say mutiny. Who's with me?" Goldberg asked, standing up.

Dwayne stood up, "Goldberg, I'm too tired to mutiny."

"Come on, guys, it's not like we couldn't use the conditioning." Julie said.

Portman looked at her, "Speak for yourself, Babe."

Adam got up and went over to him, "Her name is Julie, not "Babe."

"Don't tell me how to talk, rich boy!" he said, pushing Adam.

Fulton went over to stop, "Hey, Portman, chill!"

"Hey, you want a piece of this?"

Everyone started fighting and trying to break it up. "Yo, Team U.S.A., what are you gonna do today, a million jumping jacks?" a guy asked.

It was the same kid who was making Sophia and Jesse mad a couple games ago. Portman pointed at him, "This kid's crazier than me. Forget about him. Look, Fulton!"

Jesse pushed through the team and stood next to Sophia looking at the boy, "Hey, man, Fifi and I are gettin' sick of you!"

He skated into the field, "I'm gettin' sick of seeing the U.S.A. represented by a bunch of whining babies."

"Too bad you can't back up that mouth."

"Me and my boys can take you anytime, anywhere."

Jesse looked around, "I don't see no "Boys."

"I got 'em waitn'. Grab your gear and let's go play some schoolyard puck. Or maybe you forgot what it's like to play for real pride."

Security walked up to the kid, "You got a pass?"

"Come on, it's not too far, you little wimps."

The guy grabbed him. He looked at the security, "What are you doin'? Get off! You comin' or not? Let's go."

The Ducks looked at each other and grabbed their stuff and followed the kid. Sophia learned that his name was Russ. They stood in the middle of a basketball court. Russ and his friends vs. the Ducks.

"My little brother Russ here has been telling me that you have been chokin' big time."

"Your brother's got a big mouth." Jesse said.

Goldberg looked at Sophia scared. Russ's brother looked at him, "He does, doesn't he?"

Russ smiled. Goldberg let out a sigh of relief. "We thought we'd call you all to see what you got."

"We know you can talk to the press and sign autographs." Russ added.

Luis looked at him, "We can do more than that."

Sophia and Charlie nodded. "Yeah? We can teach you to play like the real Team U.S.A."

"What would you know about it?" Portman asked.