The Car Ride

Chapter 9

Asher

Why did I offer to take her home again? Just so she can tell me how much she hates my father and I for fifteen minutes straight?

I asked myself this over and over again as I waited for Vienna to get her stuff.

"Well, good luck with that one brother." Geo says, amusement in his eyes.

"I'll survive." I roll my eyes.

"Eh, I'd make sure she actually doesn't have her dagger with her man. That bitch is crazy." Kai adds in, are they trying to make me fear her or something?

"I seriously think you guys overestimate Vienna Moon."

"And I seriously think you should sleep with one eye open." I turn around to find her standing there, in that godforsaken outfit, with her arms crossed, and the look in her eyes should leave me dead.

"Whatever, let's go. I'll see you guys at home." I wave off to Geo and Kai, having no idea where the others are.

Vienna follows a step behind me all the way to the car. The valet opens the door to the black bentley for Vienna, so I just get in without a word. She got in, crossed her ankles, with her hands in her lap, and has been looking out the window for the past five minutes. The silence is so thick I could grab it if I wanted to.

"We are going to have a meeting tomorrow." I say casually. Her head snaps in my direction.

"Where? Why?"

"My place. We have to start working on our assignment." She shifts her legs and the gem links on her skirt move, impossibly showing more of her upper thigh. I have to grip the wheel hard to stay focused on her response.

"Whatever, the faster we get this mafia bullshit over with the faster I can get you out of my life." She huffs and faces the window again.

"Oh come on Vienna. I thought we were becoming best friends. These past two weeks have been a nice warm welcome home." I say sarcastically.

"Don't flatter yourself Coleman. This car ride is the last straw of my tolerance with you."

I move my hand to the center console, holding onto the gearshift casually. She shifts again, leaning fully on the window and tilting her body to the side. The movement shifts the gems on her skirt again, and I can now see her whole asscheek. It takes effort to not swerve at the sight. That bitch Hades didn't even show up tonight to see what she pulled up looking like. What does she even see in that guy. He's about as interesting as the fucking rock in the rode I just drove over.

And then she picks another asshole tonight, fucking Kyle, and dances on him like a fucking professional. I'll be sure to give Kyle more shitty work this week, because I can.

Vienna is quiet the rest of the ride. I don't push her because I'd rather keep all my body parts intact. I pull up to her place, she mutters thanks and starts to get out.

"Vienna." I blurt, surprising myself I just said that and she bends down to peer through the window. Fuck me.

"You know, I'm not the one who killed your family right. I was a child just like you were." I have no fucking clue why I am saying this. My palms start sweating waiting for her response. She just stares at me for a minute, clearly not expecting that absurd question.

"If your father is home when we have this meeting tomorrow, I will kill him on sight." And with that she turns and walks to the door without another word.

Why did I say anything at all. Of course we'll never be friends, no matter how old we get. Everyone else in the Shadow Serpents can be friends, or more, but I'll always be the guy that ruined her life. She'll always be my enemy. 

Why should I even try?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SURPRISE SHAWTYYY 

Had to throw in Asher's POV of this night. 

later babes xo