The Game

Chapter 3 🔥🔥

There's some upcoming spice, from now on I will be putting fire emojis to warn the level of spice. 

Vienna

The arrogance is radiating off of him. Fifteen years doesn't erase what his father did. Dark, wavy messy hair, emerald eyes, and six foot five stature doesn't make me forget. He's sitting there, ankle resting on his opposite knee, sipping on his water as if I didn't just see him down three glasses of champagne. He keeps tapping his fingers on the table, silver rings hit the edge every time.

"Can you not." I state flatly to him. His fingers stop.

"Oh, I am going to enjoy tonight." He says, rolling his eyes.

We are all seated now at this rectangular table. Five Shadows, five Serpents. Surf and Turf.

"So Asher, whatever drove you back into my existence must be good. What brings you back, and how soon can you go back to the hole you crawled out of?" I cross my legs, hand resting near my dagger.

"What have YOU been up to Vienna? Still going around shitting on my name are we?" He stares at me with a bored face.

"Oh you know, the usual. Couple kills here, couple fucks there, nothing special. Now, answer the question."

Drinks and plates of food were now dispersed to our table. I keep eye contact with Asher until the waiters are gone. No way am I moving on from this conversation without knowing why the fuck he's here.

"I got an assignment that requires me to be here. Shouldn't take me long, as I am the best there is." He says with a smirk, this time going for a glass of scotch a waiter brought him.

"You wish." Vona scoffs.

"What, like you and your little throwing stars are supposed to be the best?" Kai glares.

"They are shuriken and you know it bitch. Watch your mouth, before you find one in your throat." Vona shoots back.

"I'd like to see you try." He says, voice dropping an octave.

"Feisty." Asher says looking at Vona with a head tilt.

"Shut up your dog before I do it for you." I say looking between Asher and Kai.

"Bitch." Kai mutters.

Tyler leans forward, elbows on the table.

"So, what have you been up to Anna? Long time, no see." He says to Anna sitting across from him. Anna's head swerves in his direction, eyebrows up.

"Why don't you just say 'I love you' already while you're at it." Lavender says sarcastically.

"Not everyone here needs to be at eachothers throats, you know." Tyler glares.

"I've been busy." Anna shifts in her chair. She's always had a thing for him when we were younger. I guess that resurfaced with his prominent jawline and piercing blue eyes.

"I need a drink." I say getting up.

"There is one right in front of you." Asher states.

"I know." I roll my eyes and walk towards the bar across the room. I need a shot. Or twelve. I hear a chair move from the table. Seconds later, a dark presence is shadowing me all the way to the bar.

"Two shots of vodka and one lime please." I say to the bartender. I turn around, almost right into Asher's chest. He's so close I have to tilt my head, even with heels on.

"Vodka? Interesting." His eyes are bright green, voice deep.

"Whatever will get me through the night." I take a step back, not liking the amusement in his eyes. I take the two shots from the bar, loving the feeling of the liquid burning all the way down. I bite on the lime to help with the burn. Turning around, he's still watching me. Predator watching its prey.