Recap of Last Sacrifice (last book in the series Vampire Academy)

Lissa took her place on the throne, and seeing her ascend those stairs was breathtaking, an image that would stay with me for the rest of my life. The room broke out into cheers and clapping as she settled into the ornate chair. Even the guardians, who normally stayed so deadly serious, joined in the applause and celebration. Lissa smiled at everyone, hiding whatever anxiety she felt.

She scanned the room, and her grin broadened when she saw Christian. She then sought me out. Her smile for him had been affectionate; mine was a bit humorous. I smiled back, wondering what she would say to me if she could.

"What's so funny?” asked Dimitri, looking down at me with amusement.

“I’m just thinking about what Lissa would say if we still had the bond.”

In a very bad breach of breach of guardian protocol, he caught hold of my hand and pulled me toward him. “And?” he asked, wrapping me in an embrace.

“I think she’d ask, ‘What have we gotten ourselves into?’”

“What’s the answer?” His warmth was all around me, as was his love, and again, I felt that completeness. I had that missing piece of my world back. The soul that complemented mine. My match. My equal. Not only that, I had my life back—my own life. I would protect Lissa, I would serve, but I was finally my own person.

“I don’t know,” I said, leaning against his chest. “But I think it’s going to be good.”