Chapter 8 - Cupcakes Make Everything Better

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calla's POV

She's not afraid of all the attention,

She's not afraid of running wild,

How come she's so afraid of falling in love?

"I'm going to wait out in the car," I whispered to Carter. I could see a curious shine in her hazel eyes, but the million questions boiling around in her head would have to wait until we were alone.

The whole time we had been there I felt the almost constant pressure of Harry's gaze on me, and whenever he wasn't looking at me I was stealing glances at him. As I was talking with all the guys, things went really well at first. They were all so easy to talk to and I was surprised to find myself so easily making friends with them. That wasn't a usual thing for me, but in a way I kind of liked being a part of such an easy going group.

That was until Harry started speaking to me. Everything went downhill from there. He spoke to me and me alone, but when I tried any sort of response I found myself scrambling for words. What the hell is wrong with me? I hated the effect the curly haired boy was having on me. I couldn't put together a sentence if my life depended on it. With only Harry actually talking, the conversation was turning awkward fast.

Figuring it was better to quit while I was ahead, I gave Carter my little notice followed by an abrupt goodbye to the boys and a hasty exit. I made a bee line for my car and once inside shoved the key into the ignition, ready to go as soon as my friend came out.

I rested my head against the cool glass of the window, trying unsuccessfully to convince myself it hadn't been that bad. But who was I kidding? Harry probably thought I was either a dumb blonde or a complete arse. I just hoped he was the only one who had noticed, because if the other boys had seen, I might have some explaining to do in the near future.

I didn't realize I'd nodded off until a light rapping on the window jolted me upright in the driver's seat. Carter stood outside, motioning for me to unlock the door and so I did.

"I wasn't in there that long!" she said in a light tone as she took extra care in closing her door gently, probably because I told her off whenever she hurt my baby. She gave me a gleaming smile and I could tell she was still riding the adrenaline high from all that had happened today. Not only had we been invited on a world tour, but she'd just met her idols, the five boys she adored and looked up to. She must be riding cloud nine.

"Sorry, I guess all the missed sleep from last night is catching up with me," I let out a loud yawn to emphasize my point.

"It's okay, but like I said, you were worried for nothing. So may I just say... I TOLD YOU SO!" she shouted and I just rolled my eyes but smiled as I started the car up, heading back the way we had come. "And while you were dozing, I... Took care of things." I pulled my eyes from the road for a second to see a mischievous face looking straight at me. I could feel the goosebumps already rising on my arms.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I was almost afraid to ask, but at the same time I had to know.

"You'll see," she softly snickered at the end and I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I was so creeped out by the irony I was hesitant to take out my phone. I was also driving, but my curiosity overrode my fear and I told Carter to grab my phone for me.

She took it out and checked it, but didn't say anything. Instead she took out her own phone and compared something I couldn't see.

"You're killing me here! Who is it?"