Chapter 17 - New Beginnings

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Calla's POV

It's only been one night of love,

And maybe that is not enough.

Hold me tight, don't let me breath,

Feeling like you won't believe.

So, so badly I wished for nothing more than that little inner voice of mine to be right.

But just as I was about to find out, about to speak my mind to Harry and pray for the best, my thoughts were drowned out by a monotone voice over the intercom, signaling our take off. My knuckles turned white as I gripped the arms rests at my sides.

Feeling the familiar presence of Harry's hands on mine, he loosened my grip only to intertwine our fingers instead. His large but gentle hands held mine exactly like they had the last time that night at Wonderland, and it felt as if they never left. I laid my head against his shoulder, willing myself to fall asleep to his steady breathing.

It might have been fate stepping in every time I tried to tell him, but obviously it just wasn't going to happen. Yet. It would have to some time, because if he'd bother'd to remember and bring it up now, I couldn't see him letting it slide any time in the near future.

Maybe I was being given a chance to find the words and the confidence I needed to do it right. Because I wouldn't exactly call sitting on an airplane while I awaited a possible watery death in the ocean an ideal time.

It was easy to doze off not long after, and it felt like only moments passed when I was awoken again, the plane safely back on the ground. "Calla, we're here," whispered my pillow, to which I stayed perfectly still. I was not feeling the whole 'wake up' concept at the moment.

"Where's here?" I asked, my voice made slow by grogginess.

"Our first stop; New York City."

I opened my eyes, carefully at first until I realized the sky outside the window was pitch black. I groaned, stretching out my arms and legs, but only managing to push myself farther back into my seat. Harry looked at me with an amused expression.

"Come on sleepy head, you can rest again as soon as we get to the limo." What? Did he really just say that?

"Limo?" I was trying to think things out, but my brain just wasn't having it. Neither were my limbs.

His strong arm wrapped itself around my waist, helping me up. "We didn't want to draw much attention to ourselves, but it's the only thing we could think of off hand that would fit all of us and our luggage."

I was beginning to remember everything, the nine of us here, the fight at the airport, but that was about it. My mind was still in the 'off' position. We made our way through another barren airport, similar in that sense but otherwise completely different. The decor, the size of the place, it was all new to me.

We got out into the open, Harry supporting pretty much all of my weight the whole way, but I still felt the solid ground under my feet. And I loved it. It felt nice to be back on a sturdy terrain that didn't have the possibility of falling thousands of feet from the sky.

I didn't get the chance to check out my surroundings, partly because I was so tuned in to Harry's presence and partly because it seems I was being escorted into our limo within fractions of a second. Harry pulled me in beside him as he scooched farther along the seat, making room for everyone else. I immediately curled up into his side, once again using him as a pillow as I closed my eyes again.